108811 Solutions
New Discussion

SANWORKS Appliance Installation and Configuration - Help Please

SOLVED
Go to solution
ga11agh3r
Occasional Contributor

SANWORKS Appliance Installation and Configuration - Help Please

Hi, we have a SAN appliance that was purchased for the business upwards of 3-4 years ago but never installed and configured. The hope is to set this SAN appliance to overlook the HSG controllers and be used in periods of failover for our Proliant DLT760 server x 6 machines to administer which machine looks on the disk array sets.

I have now gained the courage to attempt an installation of his device into our cluster (consisting of the aformentioned 6xDLT760's, 4xHSG80 Array controllers and 2x16 port Switches) BUT I need to plan the best strategy to enable administration of our HSG's and disk sets via the SanWorks Element Manager (which I have seen in operation on our other projects).

Because this SAN appliance and it's software was as provided out of the box I have already taken the steps of installing Windows 2000 SP4 to the machine and performing the following firmware updates:

> System Rom updated to 2004.05.01 (originally at 2002.11.15)
> Smart Array controllers (5i and SA-532) updated to 2.62 (originally at 2.36)
> Hard drives updated to HPB7 (originally at HPB4)

Additionally I have confirmed the following SANworks software is currently installed on the server - I feel I now need look into the possibility of updating this software to the latest releases…

SanWorks Appliance Configuration Services v2.0.0.0
SanWorks Appliance Manager v1.0.2.2
SanWorks Automation Manager v1.0.0.0
SanWorks CIM Agents v1.0.3.0
SanWorks Element Manager For Storageworks HSG v1.0.3.0
SanWorks Element Manager For Storageworks HSV v1.01.0.116
SanWorks HSG Element Manager v1.0.3.0
SanWorks Notifiation Utility v1.0.0.5
SanWorks Open San Manager v1.0.3.0
SanWorks Resource Monitor v2.0.0.0
SanWorks SwSwitchMon v1.0.0.0

Therefore I would like a resource for the latest application version releases and cover for anything that may have been ommited before we attempt to connect the SAN to our productive environment?

1 REPLY 1
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: SANWORKS Appliance Installation and Configuration - Help Please

Hi,

If you go to http://www.hp.com/go/support and search for downloads for "Storage Management Appliance" you should get to the links that you need to update the software...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob