New Discussion юеВ

Re: SDC -- Support Data Collector

SOLVED
Go to solution
Adam Garsha
Valued Contributor

SDC -- Support Data Collector

Anybody know the current version?
Anybody know if it is ok to run 1.010010 (Feb2006 w/support for 4.002) against an EVA5000 with 4.004?

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Adam Garsha
Valued Contributor

I think the version I have listed above is the latest/greatest.
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor
Solution

Adam,

Based on the info and experience I have with the good ol' SDC is that its being phased out by HP - the direction is now to have HPCC (HP Configuration Collector). SDC in my experience is not even supported with CV EVA 6 - I have also noticed that its also not fully functional with CV-EVA V.6 - you still get some of the reports tho!

HPCC can automatically generate the EVA configs and ship them to HP at a periodic schedule that you specify (assuming you have ISEE installed and configured) - so if there is a problem on your EVA - the HP engineer looking at the case can just refer to your HPCC logs from your EVAs as the first thing and familiarise himself with your EVA environment.

Do you need more info on HPCC?

Adam Garsha
Valued Contributor

Thanks. I like SDC because I can get the information myself to view. Really, I only use it to get a nice picture of RSS grouping and physical disk group layout. To bad it is dying.

We also use Scanmaster that we forward to our CS team for parsing (but that is a royal pain to collect).

Does HPCC give me html pictures of diskgroup/rss layout like SDC did?

Adam Garsha
Valued Contributor

Nevermind. HPCC is just a gui-ified version of scanmaster. I am familiar with it. Nuts.
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Hi Adam,

yes I am in the same boat - I quite like SDC myself due to the detailed config information it presents in a simple "human-readable" format.

With HPCC, the configuration output file is xml and without a tool to intrepret xml, it doesnt make much sense!..Luckily I only recently got hold of the EVACD tool which you could feed the HPCC generated XML file to and get back in the comfy seat to enjoy the nice display output of the EVA Configuration information.Yes, RSS, Disk group and the whole kit!

W. Koster
Occasional Advisor

My SDC gives me a corrupted output about our EVA's. Any ideas how I can "clean the database" ?