6835 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Serial Cable to RJ45 & Drivers

SOLVED
Go to solution
yonalow

Serial Cable to RJ45 & Drivers

Hi, i just got a msa1000 with dual controllers, dual MSA fabric 6 switches and a q200 HBA.

the only thing thats missing is the serial cable and support cd's, i managed so far to download everything there is from HP website, but as it turns out the MSA Switch 2/6 is no longer supported anymore, and my windows installation wouldn't recognize it without drivers.

as with the serial cable, i bought a Serial to RJ45 just to learn that for some reason it does not even fit in.

if someone can please show me where to get the replacement serial cable and drivers for the obsolete msa switch

thanks in advanced
4 REPLIES 4
The Spartan
Trusted Contributor
Solution

1. You need the RJ45Z properitary cable to connect to the MSA. It has a specific part number. Serial RJ45 wont help.

2. What is the message on host. What is the flavour of windows?

If you are keen to win, you should be willing to lose.
yonalow

Thanks for the response.

Surprisingly the ACU software connected to the san just fine. and i was able to configure and use the disks.

The message is the basic Found new hardware box that comes up whenever i restart the server, unless i check the box not to show it anymore, it says that it found a COMPAQ MSA Fabric Switch 6.

my HBA is a q200 and is installed fine
The Spartan
Trusted Contributor

Suggestion -
1. upgrade the firmware on the MSA to 4.48
2. If the host is a hp server, upgrade the firmware and psp.

If you are keen to win, you should be willing to lose.
Ben Furrow
Occasional Advisor

I'm trying to update the firmware on my unsupported MSA1000 Fabric Switch 6 and I'm unable to find the firmware.... Does anyone know where I can get it? Is the firmware for the newer Fabric switch 2/8 compaitable? Thanks in advance.

Ben