1753930 Members
9617 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Service Guard and Secure Path and EVA5000

Lee Abell
Frequent Advisor

Service Guard and Secure Path and EVA5000

Does anyone have any info on setting up a service guard system with secure path?? I currently have a cluster running hpux 11.0 connected to an EMC SAN. I need to move this cluster to our new EVA5000. Do I just present the vdisk(s) to both of the nodes (2 node cluster) and then create my volume groups etc?? I am trying to figure out if there is anything special to keep in mind when setting this up for a Service Guard
Cluster.
I have setup Windows, Solaris and Hpux servers on our EVA now, but never a Service Guard cluster, but need to know what the differences are???

Thanks in advance for the Help
4 REPLIES 4
Richard Perez
Valued Contributor

Serviceguard cluster disk management is much similar to Windows or Solaris cluster disk management:
1.- zone your switches so you don't mix HP-UX with other OSes.
2.- present the LUN to the Serviceguard nodes.
3.- Discover the LUNs (ioscan)
4.- make vg and lv
5.- put the vg on serviceguard configuration

As summary, nothing special about Serviceguard compared with the other clusters.

What application will be running on the cluster?
Lee Abell
Frequent Advisor

I had never presented a lun to two host at the same time. I know how to do that, I just wanted to make sure that's all there was to it. I am not a service guard expert and I just thought I would check to make sure there weren't any special procedures..

Thanks
Rainer von Bongartz
Honored Contributor

You cannot use SAM to create a VG managed by SecurePath (SAM does not support it)

use pvcreate and vgcreate on the device file managed by SecurePath.

Then create lvols , export them on primary and import on secondary. (standard MCSG procedure)

Regards
Rainer
He's a real UNIX Man, sitting in his UNIX LAN making all his UNIX plans for nobody ...
Lee Abell
Frequent Advisor

Rainer,

Thanks for the input, thanks everyone, this is confirming what I thought, I just need to present a lun to two hosts simultaneously, and then setup service guard as normal...

Thanks