1752577 Members
5218 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storage Area Manager Manuals

Steve Bonds
Trusted Contributor

Storage Area Manager Manuals

I'm evaluating Storage Area Manager, but the only documentation HP has included on the eval media is the install guide. Without user/admin manuals it is very hard to know what features may be hiding in the software which could help make the eval more favorable.

HP support claims there are no manuals for Storage Area Manager, but I'm wondering if anyone knows where to find the manuals for the individual sub-products-- Storage Node Manager, Storage Optimizer, and Storage Builder.

I've checked the usual spots on HP's website (docs.hp.com, the Knowledge Base, and openview.hp.com) Anyone know where the PDFs are hiding?
2 REPLIES 2
Oliver Haensel
Respected Contributor

Hello Steve,

try http://ovweb.external.hp.com/lpe/doc_serv/
There you can find the Administrators Guide for Storage Allocator and some release notes.

-Oliver-
everything is possible ...
Steve Bonds
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the pointer-- however I was looking for manuals for Storage Builder, Storage Optimizer and/or Storage Node Manager. I already found the manuals for Storage Allocater.

Thankfully, HP finally got back to me on the call I placed a couple weeks ago. There are no manuals for the above three products. There is only the online help, which is pitifully weak in the troubleshooting area.

The HP engineer I spoke with said that they prefer people to call in on this product since it's fairly new. That way they can track problems/issues and either document them or fix them.

In the process of talking with him he let me know that the debugging logs are in C:\sanmgr\managementserver\logs\CS_DDT*.LOG

I also discovered that in order for Storage Builder to work properly, the SNMP option needs to be installed for the XP256 (unlike the XP512, the XP256 does not come with SNMP.)

I still don't have it working right, but at least now I have some things to try.