HPE EVA Storage
1752272 Members
4415 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Storage EVA 6400 "Connection State: Link Lost" and I/O Module B "Operational State: Not installed"

SOLVED
Go to solution
AlexBriner
Advisor

Storage EVA 6400 "Connection State: Link Lost" and I/O Module B "Operational State: Not installed"

Hello All,

First of all, thank you for taking your time reading this new topic,.

I have a problem with the Storage EVA 6400, Today I decided to see physically the Storage from behind and I noticed that the Enclosure 1 and 3 have a Warning light on (orange color) light located just avobe where the cable is connected.

EVA 6400 - backEVA 6400 - back

Inside the command view, we can see that the "Disk Enclosure 1 and 2" on the section I/O, the message on Module B says that the operational state is "Not installed" , very strange, how is it possible that no info appears for the I/O Module B on Disk Enclosure 1 and 2 ?

Enclosure 1 & 2:

Enclosure 1Enclosure 1Enclosure 2Enclosure 2

Enclosure 3:

Enclosure 3Enclosure 3

The  "Disk Enclosure 3", a the I/O Module B is recognized but in the "Connection State" says "Link lost". ?

Is is possible to fix this if I change de I/O Module or changing a Cable?

I have attached a few SS for review.

Thank you very much for any help :)

Regards,

Alexander Briner 

3 REPLIES 3
NimaG
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Storage EVA 6400 "Connection State: Link Lost" and I/O Module B "Operational Stat

Hello AlexBriner,

I understand that Disk Enclosures 1, 2 and 3 appear to have issues on Loop B.
Before proceeding, please ensure Loop A is up and functional.

You may reseat the I/O Module B on Disk Enclosures 1, 2 and 3 - one at a time
Also reseat the cables connected to these I/O Modules. Check the LED status
Check the status in Command View EVA

If known-good spare I/O Modules and loop cables are available, you may swap the affected components one at a time and check the status.

For further diagnosis, please capture the event logs and configuration dump from this EVA and raise a support case with HPE.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

AlexBriner
Advisor

Re: Storage EVA 6400 "Connection State: Link Lost" and I/O Module B "Operational Stat

Hello NimaG,

Thank you for helping me with this issue. :)

I will let you know as soon as we have news following the steps you have mentioned.

Regards,

Alexander Briner.

AlexBriner
Advisor

Hello NimaG,

Today we have performed the prcedure a noticed that the Module I/O on Disk Enclosure 2 was "stuck", after doing a reset the lights on both ports on the Module I/O B on Disk Enclosure 2  went off so we replaced with another one and voil├б!  Now the Storage can recognize all the Module I/O A and B and the lights on the ports now are all in green on all Disk Enclosures.

The status now is Loading Firmware in Modile I/O B on Disk Enclosure 2  and by experience we have to wait until that process is ended.

Thanks for your help :).

Regards,

Alexander Briner