New Discussion юеВ

Switch fw upgrade problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Switch fw upgrade problem

Hi!
I have a quite old StorageWorks 4/8 switch with firmware version 5.3.2b. I'm trying to upgrade it to newer version of firmware (6.0.1a) but i've got an error:
================
sansw_a:admin> firmwaredownload 10.10.9.2,anonymous,/v6.0.1a,123456
Checking system settings for firmwaredownload...
Protocol selected: FTP
Trying address-->AF_INET IP: 10.10.9.2, flags : 2
Cannot download the requested firmware because the firmware doesn't support this platform. Please enter another firmware path.
sansw_a:admin> version
Kernel: 2.6.14
Fabric OS: v5.3.2b
Made on: Thu Jun 25 22:24:10 2009
Flash: Thu Jan 13 10:29:40 2011
BootProm: 4.5.3
================

It's quite strange, because when i downloaded a firmwares for this switch (from here http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1143867&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=1143864&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=54#290 ) the last supported version for this switch was 6.2.2d. Maybe i did something wrong or downloaded wrong firmware?

Regards,
Philipp.
14 REPLIES 14
Bhavnish Kamboj (BK)
Trusted Contributor

Re: Switch fw upgrade problem

Hi Philip,

Have you checked the release notes of the v6.0.1a in supported models column?
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Bhavnish Kamboj (BK)
Trusted Contributor

If it is not available in zip file of the firmware also then I would request you to please check with HP if v6.0.1a is supported with your switch or not, if not then ask for supported version in series of v6.0.x
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, there's no info about supported switches in .zip file... And these switches aren't covered by support contract, so HP's support won't help me with them.
Looks like i'm screwed...

Regards,
Philipp.
Bhavnish Kamboj (BK)
Trusted Contributor
Solution

I have a firmware v6.0.0c but don't have its release notes so can't assure you if this will work with your switch or not.

But still if you want to take a chance and system is not critical then I can FTP this for you.

let me know your email address for FTP location.
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Can you send me your FTP address here: philipp.prokopets [replace with @] gmail.com? And yes, thanks for help :)

Regards,
Philipp.
Bhavnish Kamboj (BK)
Trusted Contributor

Email sent, please check.

Hope it will help you.
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Tried 6.0.0c with same error. I think i should put the switch to recycle bin :). Anyway, thanks for help!

Regards,
Philipp.
TechHelp24
Frequent Advisor

It is not necessary to replace a switch. I assume you have a wrong config in FTP Access or Ethernet Port value are setting wrong in the switch.

Got to http://community.brocade.com and you find the answer to you question.