5507 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Trouble deleting DR group

Diane M. Morin
Advisor

Trouble deleting DR group

Hello,
I'm trying to delete a DR-group. The problem is the EVA that is part of the group is no longer available. I didn't get a chance to delete the group before the EVA was returned.

When I look at the vdisk associated with the dr group, it shows status good. But the DR tab shows a warning. I tried to "remove member" but get "Operation
Failed" "Connection is suspended"

When I look at the DR tab I see under "Remote System Connection Status" Unknown with a wwn of the old eva.

Is there a way to delete the no longer available EVA? Which I hope will then allow me to delete the DR group and remove member.
5 REPLIES 5
T Downing
Advisor

Re: Trouble deleting DR group

Is this on the Source EVA or the Destination EVA? Not quite clear based on the description.
Diane M. Morin
Advisor

The DR group I'm trying to delete is on the source. The destination EVA is no longer available.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

No easy way out of this. Try:

Step 1

I) Re-sync the EVA that has the orphaned DRGroup.

ii) Wait for the re-sync to complete and retry the deletion.

Should this fail proceed to

Step 2

Change zoning in a way that the SWMA and the affected EVA are the only members in one and one only zone. I.e. isolate the SWMA and the EVA from all other systems (only the management server and the affected EVA can "see" each other none of the other systems). This simulates a disaster and satisfies the protection criteria in CV EVA that are there to prevent involuntary deletion of DRGroups.

This should allow for DRGroup deletion.

OR

1. try through SSSU with no_safe option

2. try changing the controller ownership of DR group members

3. Zone out the source EVA, resync the controller, restart CV server
Diane M. Morin
Advisor

Thank you for your response. Both the source and destination eva's have been replaced.

Diane
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

It was just in case someone reachs this post searching in Google.

I have been informed on a recent case that Command View 9.1 allows you to get the DR Group out of suspended state even if the destination EVA is unreachable. So you can then delete it.