1748010 Members
4811 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Uninstall HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows

Schinkel
Advisor

Uninstall HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows

We have a brand new server (proliant ML350G6) running windows server 2008. Only the integrated P410i controller is present in this system, however the driver mentioned in the subject was installed automatically, version 1.3.0.0. In the version control manager it states we should upgrade to version 2.0.0.0 but that does not work, probably because we dont have the P700m in the system at all.

Since we have a strange problem with this server hanging quite frequently, we suspect this driver to be the problem.

How to get rid of it? We cannot find a way to uninstall it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

This might need the attention of HP since we're not the only one having this software automatically installed on their system without having the P700 on their system.

Please refer to tread 1355026 as well.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1250275891759+28353475&threadId=1355026
29 REPLIES 29
Thorsten Landwehr

Re: Uninstall HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows

We got the same Problem on all ML350G5 with Windows Server 2003.
Is there a solution yet?

Kind regards
Thorsten
Schinkel
Advisor

Re: Uninstall HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows

Not as I know off, HP: could you please respond to this?
Schinkel
Advisor

Anyone?
Jens Teglhus M├╕ller
Occasional Advisor

Hi

There seems to be some kind of mixup in the naming of packages. If you uninstall (using 'Add or Remove Programs') the "HP ProLiant PCI-express Power Management Update for Windows' the 'HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows' goes away.

If you click the 1.3.0.0 link in VCA you also get the description of the PCI-express stuff, that is what gave me the clue to try and uninstall that one.

Very strange.

Best regards Jens
Rob C.
Occasional Contributor

I can confirm this as well. I uninstalled the HP ProLiant PCI-express Power Management Update for Windows on a DL380 G3 and then refreshed my inventory in VC - the update to HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows Version 2.0.0.0 was gone. I then installed the PCI-express update version 1.3.0.0 D (cp010920.exe), rebooted and checked VC - the clustering update was back.

HP please correct this issue.
PZel
Trusted Contributor

We have the same kind of problems when installing PSP 6.40 (6.30?) on our ML/DL series.
The express setup of HPSUM is standard installing PCI-Express Update and P700m clustering software, but on the www.hp.com support and drivers/chipset these drivers
are only for BL460c and not for ML/DL.
It looks like HPSUM thinks that the ML/DL is a BL460c, maybe because of a faulty Power Management Controller driver ??
You can uninstall it with AddRemoveProg but in our case in the VCA the firmware level of the P400 disappears strange enough ??
(but it is still working)
PZ
ChrisM_22

I've found the same issue on a BL460c G1 with Win 2008R2, but in my case the server's been running fine.

I used SmartStart 8.4 to do the OS install and it installed version 1.3.0.0 of the "HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows", which I don't have. I ave an E200i embedded controller. Uninstalling the "HP ProLiant PCI-express Power Management Update for Windows" removed the P700m from the Version Control Agent.

Hopefully HP will fix this soon, as it seems to have been around for a while.
HalV
Visitor

I hate to do a "me too" posting but this affects most of our HP servers also. The issue seemed to pop up after upgrading the version control agent from the 2.xxx version to the 6.xxx version. Uninstalling the pci-express power management item from add/remove programs does make the erroneous p700 clustering update go away in the VCA, but now the VCA no longer shows the power management controller firmware update.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

The revision control clash between the power management and P700m cluster control is being worked and is understood now. An update should be available soon with a fix.

The original poster mentioned the system locking up. We can't find anything to indicate that the driver would be related to that problem but don't have much information about the configuration. Do you have an open service call that could be referenced?