HPE EVA Storage
1753761 Members
4557 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Uninstall HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows

Re: Uninstall HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows

HP is there any news on this update. Its been 3 months since the last update.
Schinkel
Advisor

Re: Uninstall HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows

we have occasional spontaneous reboots on this machine. also several items (drives, sas expander) in the vcagent are not listed. several open support cases you could look it up with our serial: CZJ91902XA
R├йvy

Hi Schinkel

I'm having the same problem like you do, also on a ML350 G6 with Windows Server 2008 W32 installed.

I also have the problem with the frequently server hang. I also had a long list of open cases with this server. Had several Hardware replacements and in the end HP even replaced the whole Server. Yet still the serverhang continious.

I'm trying my luck now with the Microsoft support. I'll let you know if I can get some help there. Ofcourse it'd be nice if someone has a solution for this problem, to let me know it.

Kind regards.
R├йvy

Hello Schinkel,

We finally solved the Problem with the Server freezing (well at least he didn't freeze for nearly a week).

Are you running an Pervasive PSQL Database on that Server? If so could you please disable the XIO Cache?

Start -> Run... -> cmd -> xiomgr -stop

and

Start -> Run... -> cmd -> xiomgr -disable

After a reboot the Serverhangs should've stopped.

Also the Problem with the P700m appearing in the VCA was solved by uninstalling the "HP ProLiant PCI-express Power Management Update for Windows", like ChrisM_22 already said before.

Hope that helps you out. It would be nice if you could let me know if that also resolved you're problem.

Kind Regards,

R├Г┬йvy
Dario Palermo
Advisor

Same here on many servers (no hangs, just the VCA error).

No one asked, IMHO, the right question:

should we remove or not the package "HP ProLiant PCI-express Power Management Update for Windows Version 1.3.0.0D" just to make the problem go away?

I think not...

Sadly... still no news from HP.

Best regards,

Dario Palermo

Schinkel
Advisor

Unbelievable such a simple thing remains unsolved for such a long time...

I wish this was the only (minor) problem we have with HP. After due consideration (and tens of unsolved but automatically closed cases) we are changing to Dell hardware.

Good luck everyone here...
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

I see that people still seem to be having problems with this. I double checked with the developers and they reported that the release on the web 7/21/10 for the P700m is the release that has the new key file name that was intended to fix this issue.

There shouldn't be a clash with the signatures anymore.

It may be necessary to uninstall both packages then reinstall using the newest versions.

If you are still having problems with the latest versions installed some details on whic packages are actually installed and what was used to install them would be useful. The PCI-express SW isn't supposed to be in SmartStart.
Dario Palermo
Advisor

I had cp010920 installed on 6 out of 7 servers (2 bl680 and 4 bl460). Can't recall where it came from.

The server without it, didn't complain about missing it. Also, it didn't ask me to install CP012775.

Then I installed cp010920 manually: the server gladly took it and, after installation, also this last server started asking me to install CP012775.

Now... it could have been my mistake to install manually the package on the last server but, for the other 6, it wasn't so. I used (100% sure) some Support Pack (the latest available at the time, I suppose).

Now what? Do I simply unistall cp010920 manually from all the servers? After that, do I need to install an updated version of that package or can I live happy without it?

Thanks

Best regards,

PS
IMHO the ho management software is not so bad after all. Some kind of problems are likely to happen in every system of this kind: Micosoft WSUS also as similar problems every now and then...

Dario Palermo
Marcin.Trzyna
Occasional Advisor

I have uninstalled HP ProLiant PCI-express Power Management. I confirmed that the "HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows" entry disappeared from VCA inventory. Than I've installed cp010920.exe, which is the current version of HP ProLiant PCI-express Power Management - and the "HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows" entry appeared again on the list in VCA. Hence - the problem lies not in the "HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows" component (which we had never installed at all), but in the "HP ProLiant PCI-express Power Management Update for Windows" component, which incorrectly presents itself to VCA as "HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows".

Curtis, if you helped to resolve this issue till the happy end, you would turn off thousands of yellow exclamation marks in VCAs all around the world, so please help us... You are our only hope...
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting further information. I've been talking with the P700m clustering software team but it looks like the problem may lie elsewhere since the last poster is clear that they don't have that software and still have the problem. I'll get somebody from the power management team to take a look.