5917 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Upgrade command view 9.3 to 10.2(?)

webexec
Occasional Contributor

Upgrade command view 9.3 to 10.2(?)

Hi All,

I have a EVA 6400 that is running version 09534000 on the controllers with command view 9.3 on my mgmt server. I want to update to 11001100 and take advantage of thin provisioning and the VAAI plugin.

From what I am reading I also need to upgrade command view to 10.1 or better as well for 11001100. My question is how do or can I get CV 10.1? I see the trial download available but not a real licensed upgrade. As far as I know I have support, or at least we've been paying the support extentions. Thank you for any clarity on this.

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Upgrade command view 9.3 to 10.2(?)

Hey, 

the download on software.hp.com says trial but if you got a license then it's the full version.

There are plenty of topics about upgrading CV on this forum. I believe the easiest is to uninstall instead of upgrading (especially in case you'd need to upgrade in steps..)

StorageMike
HPE Pro

Hi

You wouldn't be able to upgrade directly from 9.3 to 10.2, the following pdf shows the supported upgrade paths.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02523047/c02523047.pdf

You could either step up through the versions or uninstall 9.3 and install 10.2.

To do this you'd need to make sure you had a copy of the license files so they could be imported in to CommandView.  If you've not got them then you should be able to download them from

https://h30580.www3.hp.com/poeticWeb/portalintegration/hppWelcome.htm

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

IMHO you should forget about the upgrade. Just uninstall the old version, reboot and install 10.2 (or wait for 10.3).
The licence will remain inside the EVA.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!