108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

brocade 4/24 c-class switch IP interface hung

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kermit Dubois
Occasional Contributor

brocade 4/24 c-class switch IP interface hung

I have a c-7000 enclosure with two fiber channel switches. I cannot telnet into one of them, but can hyperterminal into it via serial interface on the OA. I can watch the hyperterminal screen while it reboots and it says it has a valid IP address that was set with EBIPA. I cannot ping it and it cannot ping anything else. I am not sure, but I think it may have gotten messed up when we were trying a firmware upgrade, it currently is at 5.3.0a. IT looks like all commands other than those that use TCP/IP work. I have swapped the two sitches, and the failure follows the switch rather than staying with the bay. The onaboard administrator is at v2.32. Thanks for any help
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: brocade 4/24 c-class switch IP interface hung

Then I would check the EBIPA settings or test with an explicit address. When I've played with EBIPA some time ago, the IP address was not renewed immediately when I plugged a device into a new bay. Maybe that is the reason why the problem appeared to move with the switch.
AWilliams_1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Have you tried setting the switch manually to an IP address, is from the serial console. If you can get it communicating on a manually set IP then upgrade the firmware to at least 5.3.0d then set the switch to DHCP and reapply the EBIPA.
Kermit Dubois
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the responses. The fix was to use the ipaddrset command via the serial interface, I did not change any of the settings, but it forced the web services to restart and that did the trick, thanks to those that responded.
Kermit Dubois
Occasional Contributor

Fix was ipaddrset via serial interface, that reset web services and I was able to telnet again.