New Discussion юеВ

Re: eva8000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

eva8000

Hi,

I was asked to try and hook up an eva8000 we just got in. I have never worked on one before. I have it up and running with out any errors on the drive trays and the switches. I do not know what machine to use to communicate with this and also do I hook the machine up to one of the ports on the switch or one of the ports on the controller? I know this is a lot of questions but if someone can point me in the correct direction I would appreciate this.

Thanks
Jon
40 REPLIES 40
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Hi Jon,

now doing storage?
Locate and read the manuals from hp.com/go/bcs !

You need a windows server and install commandview (v 9.2) in order to configure this array. Get it from software.hp.com

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Yes they have me trying to figure this out now without any training. I have been trying to get them to send me for training for over 2 years now. Does it matter what ver of windows server I can use?

Thanks
Jon
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Also can it be windows XP or Windows pro?
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I cannot point you to a document at the moment, but IMHO it should be 2003 or 2008. The server must have a FC HBA, better 2 - one on each SAN, correctly zoned to see the EVA.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

It is in the "EVA compatibility reference":
Windows 2003/2008, 32/64bit

Support pages:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=470490тМй=en&cc=us

(in case you are not used to navigate though HP's web maze ;-)
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I am one step closer. I loaded a machine with windows 2003 server. I down loaded command view 9.2. I loaded it on the server. now when I try and start command view it asks me for a username and password. I did not set this up. Any Ideas?

Thanks
Jon
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

It uses a Windows username/password, but let's do a check before you try it:

Take a look into the local Windows groups or the Active Directoy environment. There should be two groups:
HP Storage Users
HP Storage Admins

The Windows user must be a member of the 'admins' group to have full access to all CV-EVA functions.
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Hi,

under local user and groups there are 2 directories. user and groups. Under groups they are there.HP storage Admin and HP storage users.

Thanks
Jon
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Good. You can take an account (can be "Administrator" for a quick test) from the local "Users" folder a member of the "HP Storage Admins" group and then use Administrator's password to login to CV-EVA.
No reboot is required ;-)