4685 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iSCSI Conectivity option for EVA with Command View 8.0.1

Mossman
Occasional Contributor

iSCSI Conectivity option for EVA with Command View 8.0.1

Hi

Has anybody installed the EVA iSCSI connectivity option with Command View 8.0.1 installed?

I have installed them physically but Command View doesn't discover them. Nor can I add them manually (CV suggests an error but the EVA's icons are all green and I can't see any error in the MPX logs).

I have set up the Management IP addresses as suggested in the installation doc, upgraded the firmware to 2.4.2 as per CV 8 Release notes and have both network connectivity for the management ports and an FC connection to the SAN via B-series switches (and zoned with EVA ports). I have also installed MPX manager and can see that it can see both MPX100 units (dual resilient)which in turn can see the EVA ports.

Is there any known issues with CV 8.0.1 or have I missed something (although I can't see anything which may have been missed in the install doc)?
Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards

Richard
7 REPLIES 7
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

I haven't setup iSCSI with CV8 but have with CV7. I'm not sure if this is a specific CV8 problem or a general iSCSI configuration question.

If it is general,

1. Can you see the MPX100s in CV?
2. Did you create vdisks and present them to the MPX100s?
3. When you do a present vdisk to a host there is a second tab for iSCSI behind and to the right of the typical FC vdisk presention dialog box. You need to click on that on to list the iSCSI disks.

I mention this because the color that is used on the tab makes it difficult to see. At first I didn't see it. looked at the manual and saw it should be there, looked again and there it was - very hard to see but it was there.
Wortiz
Advisor

Mossman.

Did you fix this issue already?

What was the solution ??

Thanks.

Wortiz.

Marian_13
Advisor

Hi Mossman,

I had same configuration (EVA, CV 8.01, MPX100 fw 2.4.2) and same problem to discover MPX100 device.
After factory default reset and setting up (ipv6 disable) it's working.

Marian
Mossman
Occasional Contributor

Hi

My apologies for not responding sooner.

I have not been able to get back to site to try to resolve this issue as yet. However, I believe the issue is with the customers network vlanning. The iSCSI devices are zoned in with the EVA ports so the FC connections should be seen OK but the Command View server uses the Management network connections I believe in order to discover iSCSI units into Command View.

I have since had success with a different customer but note the following points:
1) The 'Discover iSCSi devices' button never seems to discover valid iscsi MPX's and you always have to add them manually.
2)When trying to do a configuration capture with SSSU, it fails because the IPV6 fields on the iSCSI devices are empty. If the customer isn't using IPV6, there is no need to populate these fields and what would be put in there anyway as a 'fudge'?
The work around to be able to use SSSU in the test or pre-production environment seems to be to temporarily remove the iSCSI devices, do the capture config them add themm back in.... Definitely, not for the production world!

Best regards

Richard
Mossman
Occasional Contributor

Further to my last mail, the IPV6 fields were set to 'disable', thus not used.

Richard
Wortiz
Advisor

This solved my problem:

During CV EVA installation, we found that "netconfig"
file got copied under "C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Drivers\etc\". But library
expects "netconfig" file under "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\"

So, you have to copy "netconfig" file from
"C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Drivers\etc\" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\"
location and restart the CV EVA Service or reboot the server.

Regards.

Wortiz.
john daly_5
Occasional Visitor

hi.
we had this same issue with the netconfig on a 64 bit server and thie fix was great. however we are also having the same issue now with an EVA4000 and MPX100 on a 32 bit server. There is no Netconfig file?? is there an equivelent on 32bit system??
regards
jd