New Discussion юеВ

sanscan tool

SOLVED
Go to solution
aliasgar
Valued Contributor

sanscan tool

Hi,

what does scansan( scan master ) tool does,where it is used,is it used for some diagnostics.

Thanks/regards,
Aliasgar.
aliasgar
8 REPLIES 8
Erwin van Londen
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: sanscan tool

Aliasgar,

SANScan is an (again) HP internal tools to scan HSG based controllers as well as Fabrics and make a HTML based table of arrays and switches.
Unfortunatly it is internal only.

Kind regards,
Erwin van Londen
HP Master ASE SAN Architect.
https://erwinvanlonden.net
H├еkan Persson_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Sanscan is not only HP Internal. As a partner in the PartnerOne program we have access to the tool. We have to run it when we install a EVA (probably the most used function for sanscan today) but also useful to get information from switches and SAN-connected hosts.
Erwin van Londen
Valued Contributor

Hmm... seems to me there's more than one sanscan tool :-)
The on I'm talking about is internal only but then again policies change at daybreak. :-)

Regards,
Erwin
https://erwinvanlonden.net
Daniel Moffitt

SAN Scan is a tool that is available to customers and partners to generate config files on SAN attached devices such as hosts, switches, and storage.

Those config files can be imported to SANxpert to develope nice HTML based documentation packages. SANxpert is an HP Internal tool at this time.

Dan
dentistcorn
Regular Advisor

When is HP going to come out with some tools we can all use? Seems like they want to charge us out the ying yang for this stuff otherwise. EVAPERF for example, internal but we could use it for sure. EVA event log analyzer: we have to send the logs in for the EVA becuase only HP can use their little decoder ring. what a rip off.

If I were HP, I would provide a nice tool as Brocade has done which is FREE!!! and does a fantastic job.
aliasgar
Valued Contributor

Hello Everybody,

thanks for the response,but one more question ,apart from creating html based documents for san devices and FC switches, what else does sanexpert tool do ? .

Thanks/regards,
Aliasgar.
aliasgar
Gianni_12
Advisor

Hi, wich is the name of the tool that brocade provides that is free? What does this tool do exactly?

Thanks,

Gianni
SeanAmicus ITS
Advisor

Brocade SAN Health Checker.

As an HP Partner who is SWD ABSP.

We get to use

HPCC and EVADT bu not sanxpert or more importantly HP Navigator for EVA diags.

But I'm hoping this will change, the Big Blue seems to be listening at the moment
Don't believe the hype, test it first!