1753534 Members
4939 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

zoning

zoning

we have two windows servers connected to an MSA SAN switch. an ESL322 library is connected to a Brocade SAN switch

the two switches are connected to an MPR.

How should i create zones in two switches to allow windows servers to view drives on the ESL library ?
2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: zoning

For each Windows server which you want to have access to the library, simply add the (alias of the) tape library's fibre port to the existing zone of that server. There is no point in creating a second zone for each server. Each server is already communicating with its storage; you simply want to expand the list of storage devices with which it can work.

Hope this helps.

I have assigned points to 7 of 24 responses to my questions.

To help the responders, and people that come across the questions later, it would be beneficial to assign points to all as yet unrated responses.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

Re: zoning

Hi Medali,

You will have to create separate LSAN zones for this configuration.

On MSA SAN switch you create "LSAN_zone1" with server and tape library's WWNs. then on Brocade SAN Switch create the "LSAN_zone1" with same members. This should work. There is a very good book available to understand the MPRs and LSAN

Principles of SAN Design Book (2006 Edition) ├в Josh Judd & Dan Krueger

Available at Amazon and other stores.