1748166 Members
3859 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New Community Forum Observations

dantruong02
Occasional Contributor

New Community Forum Observations

Well the new forum has been in use for a little while and I have a few observations.

1. It would appear it must be more difficult to post to the forum since the number or new posts, especially in the Printing and Digital Section has fallen off considerably. Previously there were at least 50 new items per day to the section and now you are lucky to see 20.

2. The system of Kudos is not working. I see two reasons. Previously users were given points by the original poster when they solved or at least got them started towards solving their issue. It appears now that most people do not know how to give Kudos since if you look at all the solved posts no one has been given a Kudo. Also the Kudos system does no allow for users to try to reach a certain level of recognition. Previously when you got a certain number of points you were awarded with a icon for that level. There is no incentive since there are no levels to try to reach.

3. Still no area within one's profile or on the main page for a listing of their questions. All you list is posted items but there is a big difference between responses to other people's questions and questions one posts themselves. I can still not find my questions unless I remember the subject and then do a search which is a pain.

4. The All Topics section is still not in order. When a person goes to a section of the Forum such as Printing and Digital Imaging they should be able to find a listing of all posts in the order of the last post not a mess of posted with the first yesterday and the second 5 hours ago. Also on the old board we could refine the way the post was listed such as posts with no replies.

5. The image upload issue has not be addressed. You say in your help that we can upload images under something call my images. Well my images does not exits. The Avatar is nice but it would be even better if we could upload our own image to be used as an Avatar.

Hope some of these can be addressed.

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Interesting...but...are you strictly speaking about this HPE Community or are you referring about the HP Support Forum instead [*]?

[*] since you cited Printing and Digital sections...part of HP Inc. and not HPE since HP splitted into HP Inc. and HPE...so, maybe, your first point appears reasonable from the HPE Community content standpoint (no focus on printing and desktop solutions).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

As Parnassus mentioned, it is unclear whether the points you raise refer to the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community or another community, likely the HP Support Forums. However, I will add a few notes to the concerns you have raised.

1. It would appear it must be more difficult to post to the forum since the number or new posts, especially in the Printing and Digital Section has fallen off considerably. Previously there were at least 50 new items per day to the section and now you are lucky to see 20.

Printing and Digital imaging products belong to Hewlett Packard Inc., which is an independent company. Based on this point, I believe you refer to the HP Support Forums, not the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community.

2. The system of Kudos is not working. I see two reasons. Previously users were given points by the original poster when they solved or at least got them started towards solving their issue. It appears now that most people do not know how to give Kudos since if you look at all the solved posts no one has been given a Kudo. Also the Kudos system does no allow for users to try to reach a certain level of recognition. Previously when you got a certain number of points you were awarded with a icon for that level. There is no incentive since there are no levels to try to reach.

I cannot speak for the HP Support Forums, but on the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community, Kudos and Accepted Solutions are separate recognitions. While only the original poster on a topic can mark one of the replies as an Accepted Solution, anyone who appreciates the efforts of the person who replies to a post can mark it with a Kudo. 

Note also that on some communities, ours included, badges are awarded for Kudos. This speaks to your concern about incentives. In addition, Kudos are a component of ranking.

3. Still no area within one's profile or on the main page for a listing of their questions. All you list is posted items but there is a big difference between responses to other people's questions and questions one posts themselves. I can still not find my questions unless I remember the subject and then do a search which is a pain.

On the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community, posts and replies are both listed. There may be differences on other communities.

4. The All Topics section is still not in order. When a person goes to a section of the Forum such as Printing and Digital Imaging they should be able to find a listing of all posts in the order of the last post not a mess of posted with the first yesterday and the second 5 hours ago. Also on the old board we could refine the way the post was listed such as posts with no replies.

Once again, I cannot speak for other communities, but in the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community, there are options on how topics are listed. These are in your profile. Our FAQ boards list some of the locations where options are listed.

5. The image upload issue has not be addressed. You say in your help that we can upload images under something call my images. Well my images does not exits. The Avatar is nice but it would be even better if we could upload our own image to be used as an Avatar.

When a member first registers in the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community, his or her profile does not yet include an Image Gallery. It can take between two and about ten days, depending on how often the new member logs in and participates, before the Image Gallery is created. Once you have an Image Gallery, you also receive an additional option for your avatar, which is to use an uploaded image. 

I hope these answers are helpful to you when using the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community. We appreciate that you take time to bring us feedback.

Thanks,
Warren_Admin