Feedback
1752577 Members
4268 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: New laptop - Bad fan

JMQ

New laptop - Bad fan

I purchased a new laptop so I could use it for my remote learning nursing classes and soon after I received it I noticed the fan would turnt on frequently and became very loud.  I contacted HP support and someone troubloshot it remotely, but wasn't able to resolve the issue.  He suggested I send it in for repair and reassured me that it would be back in six business days.  He also stated that if I wanted it sooner than six days, that I could pay I believe $49 and someone locally could come to my house and fix it.  I said that six days was acceptable and to gwo ahead and create the CMR.  I sent it in and a couple of days after they receied it I got an email stating that it would not be ready until the 10th of next month.  I sent the laptop on 9/2 and can't understand why fixing a fan woul dake over a month.  Had  known that this was going to take this long I would have paid the $49 to get it fixed.  This is really creating problems for me since my school is not offering face-to-face classes.  I need some help with this issue.

Thanks,

Joe

1 REPLY 1
Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Re: New laptop - Bad fan

HP laptops are products of Hewlett-Packard Inc. (HPI), which is a different company. This community is for friends and customers of Hewlett Packard Enterprise. For support on HPI products, please consult www.hp.com or the HP Support Forums at h30434.www3.hp.com.

Thanks,
Warren_Admin