1751720 Members
5687 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Nick instead my name!

EduardoG
Frequent Advisor

Nick instead my name!

Can anybody tell me how to change settings, so that my name and surname don't appear any more, but rather a nick? I am trying hard, but there seems to be no other way than deleting all my posts (that is something I don't want to do if there is any alternative). It is said that employers and other people are more and more picking up information from social networks and so on, and that is something I don't like at all.

So, although I should have thought about it before registering with my name in this forum (I know) I have changed my mind and I want to have a nick instead my name.

Any help? That is not related to the 50G, but you can forgive me, I am sure :)

8 REPLIES 8
Chhaya_Z
Valued Contributor

Hi,

You can change your name in User Settings -> My Preferences.  If that does not change your display name then please send a message to the forum administrator.  They can change it for you.

https://passport2.hp.com/hppcf/modifyuser.do?hpappid=lithium-2&lang=en&cc=en&applandingpage=%2Fhppcf%2Fdologin.do%3Fapplandingpage%3DHTTP%3A%2F%2Fh30499.www3.hp.com%2Fhpeb%2Fhp_sso%3Faction%3Dlogin%26hpappid%3DLITHIUM-2%26referer%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fh30499.www3.hp.com%2F%26lang%3DEN%26cc%3DEN%26hpp_r_m%3Dn&s_level=1

Regards,
Chhaya

I am an HP employee.
Was this post useful? - You may click the KUDOS! star to say thank you.
EduardoG
Frequent Advisor

Could you please provide the address of the administrator? Changing Preferences/user settings doesn't seem to work. I am fed up with this. I am about to erase all I have written. Thanks

Miguel Angel Caporalini
Honored Contributor

Hi!, Eduardo:

You can send private message, to Kevin_Paul (ADMIN), Community Manager.

Chhaya_Z
Valued Contributor

Hi,

You can post in the Community feedback forum.

User Rashmi is a moderator, maybe she can help you out.  Or

Regards,
Chhaya

I am an HP employee.
Was this post useful? - You may click the KUDOS! star to say thank you.
VidyaVI
Valued Contributor

Hi Eduardo,

Regards,
Vidya
Forums Moderator

Accept or Kudo

EduardoG
Frequent Advisor

Thanks very much. Maybe I have some problem with my browser, but the fact is that I cannot manage to change it. Well, Could you change my name and surname for, say, simply Eduardo (just the single name)? I would like to avoid that my surname appears in any public place.

I thank you very much for your help.

E.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>the fact is that I cannot manage to change it.

Nothing wrong with your browser, only admins/moderators can change it.

VidyaVI
Valued Contributor

Hi Eduardo,

Have changed your display name,Kindly check and let me know if you have any issues.

Regards,
Vidya
Forums Moderator

Accept or Kudo