Feedback
1748204 Members
3180 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

This new website is completely uselsss...

John O'Neill_6
Regular Advisor

This new website is completely uselsss...

The old HP Bookmarks (and I had dozens of them) which were such a useful tool for looking things up... useless..

Searching on Google.. useless (as more and more google caches expire)

Searching in this forum.. useless.

This forum.. full of advertisement for TV shows...which i have flagged but find still present on the forums days later...

I've given this several weeks, but this is a disaster of truly epic proportions, i'm seeing veterans of the old ITRC community literally vanish as they give up and no longer post or visit, some are still hanging on.

I've written a formal complaint to HP about this, obviously HP have outsourced this to a 3rd party and it's been completely screwed up, I can not imagine that the same company which built the beautiful new storage array we just deployed and helped me meet so many technology challenges could also be responsible for this mess..

Sorry I have no other word for it, it's just a complete mess.

Fix it.

-John

30 REPLIES 30
Gary-Colby

Re: This new website is completely useless...

Hear Hear!

Could not agree any more, specifically the loss of Google links to issues.

It was ALWAYS far easier to perform a "Google" search on technical OMU issues.

Now it' useless.

Well done HP for making my support job 10 times more difficult... or maybe that was the intention.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>full of advertisement for TV shows, which I have flagged but find still present on the forums days later.

The spam eventually gets removed.  Perhaps we need more of the ITRC full service moderators?  ;-)

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Re: This new website is completely uselsss...

John,

I couldn't agree with you more! The replacement of the ITRC forums with this new "community" has been a disaster. The old forums, were for years, one of the best online forums I have used. HP has really dropped the ball here. They seemed to have lost sight of what made the forum valuable. It seems that they thought silly avatars and emoticons are what they thought was important.

It would be nice to hear from HP on what is going on here.

-Tom

BGroot
Esteemed Contributor

Hi John,

You mentioned that your HP bookmarks are useless. Were these links to specific ITRC posts? I would like to see if I can help you out. Could you send me your bookmarks? I will send you a private message (you can read it by clicking on the envelop). If you reply with a number of bookmarks then I will investigate why they are not working.

Greetings,

Bill

Jono-Mak
Occasional Visitor

just wanted to add that I think this website is also COMPLETELY USELESS.

I have never swore so much in my life. I cannot access any articles that I desperately need, and now I have to go through the horror of calling your useless helpdesk, that takes 20 minutes just to get through the long annoying and buggy automated menus.

No support, no phone support, and online chat that takes the operator about 10 minutes tp respond between each message you type.

You've got no idea how angry this crap makes me - I need informatino so desperatly and I cannot access it because you completely screwed you forum and search functionality.

I keep getting redirected to a absolutely  useless "redirection notice".

BGroot
Esteemed Contributor

What are you looking for? Please let me know and I can see if I can help you.

Dana Conroy
Advisor

I can't begin to express my frustration with the inability to retrieve historical ITRC Forum content via the new Community.  I am working on a hardware migration project upon which I have depended on the quick retrieval of Forum content regarding problems that others have already encountered.

As an example, from a Google search, I see that these ITRC threads contained information about a problem that I am currently experiencing: 

[Broken links removed on 03-23-2017 by Admin] 

When I attempt to search within the Community, I cannot locate any of these threads.  With ITRC, it would take seconds to retrieve desired search results.    I've been at my current search for over an hour and I still am unable to locate any of the above threads.   If I can't locate those threads, I will either have to ask a question in the Community (which is waste of time since this ground has already been covered) or enter a support case (which will take significantly more time than an old ITRC Forum search).   Can one of the Community admins help me with this?

Also, I don't understand how a Google search on a specific string provides links to old ITRC Forum entries, but use of that same search string in the Community will not locate those same topics, and in some cases will not locate any topics.

I understand that change is sometimes necessary, but thus far, this ITRC Forum -> Community change has cost me a great deal of time and aggravation, has become an obstacle in my current project, and has offered very little, if anything, in return.

Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

What do you mean, "very little"?  The uptime and availability may be
better, and we now have such work-critical features as smiley faces
(automatic ones, at that), topic listings in no useful order, HTML title
tags which are devoid of useful info, opaque user descriptions (like,
say, "Occasional Advisor" (to go with the cute new pictures),
sub-fruit-fly-lifetime authentication,  and who knows how many other
deluxe things which I have yet to discover?  At least one of those is
probably positive.  (And it is now possible to edit a posting.  That's
probably two things.)

You should try it on a VMS system, where the HP-supported Web browser
can't cope with the fancy new JavaScript (I assume), making a normal
posting impossible.  (But, if you have plenty of time to wait, it can be
used as a read-only resource.)

Some people are such whiners.  (Welcome to the club.)

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Hi Dana,

Google links are cached, and generally take up to 90 days to expire after they no longer exist. We are working with Google to expire the cached links systematically, so that this problem will go away more quickly. This is not a function of the Enterprise Community, but is based on how search engines work.

Thanks,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Managing Administrator
Any opinions expressed are mine alone and do not represent those of HP

Thanks,
Warren_Admin