1753970 Members
7390 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Way of working with the Search functionality

I_dont_know

Way of working with the Search functionality

Normally,

I use google search functionality to browse through HP's forums. But with the new forums, I was not able to do so, since the URL re-direction from the old forums is not functional yet.

So, two questions:

1) After navigating to a particular forum section (say: Quality Center), how do I keep the search results narrowed down to that particular forum section, using this platform's Search feature?

2) What was the compelling need to move to the Lithium platform, knowing that a shiny tool doesn't make it any better in terms of functionality? If it ain't broken, why fix it?

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Re: Way of working with the Search functionality

I_dont_know wrote:

1) After navigating to a particular forum section (say: Quality Center), how do I keep the search results narrowed down to that particular forum section, using this platform's Search feature?

Once you're in a particular area of the community, use the search box/pull-down in the top right part of the screen -it looks like this ->search_box.JPG

To keep the results within the particular area you're in, select "Category" (if you're in an area that has multiple boards, like HP UX), or "Board" (if you've already navigated to a specific board, such as HP UX System Administration).  There are also additional search options available from the results page, via the "Advanced Search" link.

I_dont_know wrote:

2) What was the compelling need to move to the Lithium platform, knowing that a shiny tool doesn't make it any better in terms of functionality? If it ain't broken, why fix it?

Regards.

The entire ITRC site was retired this weekend (replaced by the HP Support Center) - so the ITRC forums had to be migrated to the new HP Community platform.  While I appreciate that it's different from the legacy ITRC forums which a lot of people had grown very accustom to, we feel that all of the new features here that we were never able to offer in the ITRC forums far outweigh the learning curve of moving to a new, more modern platform.

I work for HPE.
Stephan_
Regular Advisor

Re: Way of working with the Search functionality

1. If you switch to the specific forum, your search is automatically narrowed to that forum part

BTW. a URL redirection for 2.5 million posts will never come, the cache from search engines will update the new site and all the old ones will vanish when time goes by.

2. I don't know the internal reasons but some example

- Broken search function

- migration of all support related to the HP Support Center

- new functionality

*edit*

ok, I'm too slow for Kevin - I give up ;-)

Best,

Stephan

How to assign points on this new forums --> Kudos - what, where, how, and why!
How to find the right forum --> New forum location by ITRC tree

"we wouldn't call it code, if we could read it ..."