Other HPE Product Questions
1752754 Members
4770 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Bad hp customer service

CA1153690

Bad hp customer service

Where can I find a person who cares of hp problem with the India communication answering service. Hp is evading its responsibility of support to us american customers who don't speak hindi. HPs should compensate us for all the hours of down time. If anyone knows of a complaint # in the USA with real people that care about the product they sell please let me know. Sgt CAM USMC
21 REPLIES 21
Angela Kendal
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Rather than getting down to geo-political issues, could we just stick to seeking technical solutions, for which this forum is intended?

Inder, your problem of bad customer service has been recorded and will reach the right contact in HP to get it rectified. Thanks for bringing it to our notice.

rgds,
Angela
The best vitamin for making friends is B-1.
CA1201633

Is another phone number avail?
Thanks!
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Hi Bob,

The number is 1800 HPinvent (1800 47468368)

Cheers,

Gary
CA1201633

Thanks Gary, do you know if there is another number besides the service number? They are no help.
Thanks!
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Hi Bob,

all the available numbers & email are listed here:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

Cheers,

Gary
Ray Gilmer

The difference in English dialects, combined with a very poor telephone quality connection, has made my experience very time consuming. When requested by the rep for things such as service tags and parts numbers, or even phone numbers, the rep got it wrong and we had to repeat the process (in some cases repeated twice) to finally get it right. No fault of the rep -- but HP is responsible for the poor com network.

On top of that, the warranty status for the equipment I called about was unavailable to the rep, so (after 45 minutes on the call) I was told to call back later.

Here's a technical support tip: HP should call the customer back. Or send an email?

The higher time management cost of these poor service experiences with HP products, when factored into the overall system purchase decisions, will work against HP.
chenliliu1

To Angela (hp employee) It's hardly a geopolitical issue when you continually get connected to a country for tech support and customer service where you can barely understand what they are saying. This is totally unacceptable and a complete waste of time.
pamela ashton

I second the issue here for poor customer service. I don't know what's happened with HP CSR over the past 2 years. But I have been on the phone for over 2 hours - on hold for over half that time and still no resolution. Instead, someone convinced me in order to get my problem solved I needed to buy a 2 year extended service for my laptop to the tune of 179.99 and then pay another 34.99 to get the wireless card working with my hp deskjet 460 (which was the original issue). Now I have explained my issue to more than 6 people tonight. Now I am asking for a supervisor for the 3rd time and demanding a credit, since my problem that I called about 2 hours ago is not only unresolved, but I am having to give out my information multiple times to multiple people. Who is running the show here? What is this? Take the consumer for all they have and then make them jump thru so many hoops they just give up and go to Geek Squad? I can't believe this. I will certainly be writing to the CEO of HP for this one. I can't believe this - now they are telling me that they aren't done trouble shooting the issue. They don't seem to understand - I am done with this whole issue and I want a credit.
TINA TAMER

I would like to add my support to this thread. My printer (for my business) broke on 8/20/09, HP Tech had no record of my purchase from hp.com on 9/5/08 & after 1-1/2 hrs on the phone with the tech, they told me to email a scanned copy & then they'd send a replacement machine. done. no replacement.

Called back a couple weeks later. 1/2 hr on the phone later, they said they never received the email & I should fax it again. done & re-emailed it. no replacement.

Called again today. After 1 hr on the phone AND the tech saying it was now out of warranty (!!!) and me freaking out, I am being told a replacement machine will be soon sent out. God, I hope so, I am so tired of wasting my time dealing with this.

I really really doubt I will be buying another HP printer after this & I've had some incarnation of an HP for 15 years. Real bummer. HP's tech support has really gotten unbearable lately, and don't get me started on their answering machine for the phones. AARRGGHH!!!!