Other HPE Product Questions
1748258 Members
3970 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Critical event message will not be displayed in SIM event list even some hardware was broken.

SOLVED
Go to solution
igengo
Occasional Contributor

Critical event message will not be displayed in SIM event list even some hardware was broken.

Hello, all.
I have a question about the configurations of HP SIM.
Now I am using several ProLiant Server which are ML350 G5, ML150 G6, ML350p G8, and ML350 G9.
I have HP ACU(or SSA),SMH, SIM installed on each server.

A while ago, I noticed that the Smart Storage Battery for Smart Array P440ar Controller on ML350 G9 was broken, but it seems that there was no critical message displayed in SIM event list.
After several days, I confirmed that exactly the same phenomenon occurred on ML350p G8.
I checked SSA and sure that Smart Storage Battery was broken on both ML350 G9 and ML350p G8.

In the past the same occurred on ML350 G5 server, the following message was showed at events list correctly.
Critical: Accelerator Board Battery Failed (3040)
Warning: Accelerator Board Status Change (3038)
But on ML350 G9 and ML350p G8, only "Accelerator Board Status Change (3038)" messages was displayed as "Warning".

I tried the following methods to solve this problem on ML350 G9, but it was not resolved.
"Critical: Accelerator Board Battery Failed (3040)" message still was not displayed.
-Update BIOS, iLO, Array Controller firmware to the latest version.
-Update SIM to ver7.6.0
-Upadte SSA, SMH to the latest version.

Below are the results I confirmed.
-ML350Gen9, SIM ver7.4, SmartArray P440ar: NG (Critical: Accelerator Board Battery Failed (3040) message was not displayed.)
-ML350Gen9, SIM ver7.6, SmartArray P440ar: NG (Critical: Accelerator Board Battery Failed (3040) message was not displayed.)
-ML350pGen8, SIM ver7.1, SmartArray P420i: NG (Critical: Accelerator Board Battery Failed (3040) message was not displayed.)
-ML350 G5, SIM ver5.1, SartArray P400: OK (Critical: Accelerator Board Battery Failed (3040) message was displayed.)

Have anyone ever seen the same phenomenon?
(Critical message was not displayed even though the hardware has failed)
Or do I need to change some congirugation manually at HP SIM?

Thanks!

IGENGO
2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Critical event message will not be displayed in SIM event list even some hardware was broken.

igengo
Occasional Contributor

Re: Critical event message will not be displayed in SIM event list even some hardware was broken.

Hi Dennis!
Thanks for the advice!
I will move it to System Insight Manager Forum.

IGENGO