Other HPE Product Questions
1753328 Members
5016 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: GETTING INDIVIDUAL PROGRAMS, FROM HP recovery discs

GHOSTMACHINE

GETTING INDIVIDUAL PROGRAMS, FROM HP recovery discs

After a Windows crash, I had to re-install the operating system. I think it was restore using system recovery that allowed me to do this. I got WINdows 10 reinstalled; now I need various programs it erased in the process, from my HP recovery discs. Programs like PC doctor and Cyberlink dvd suite Delux. How do I extract them individually. My computer is an HP model number HPE112Y. I am running Windows 10, 64 bit. The discs launch into full recovery. I found an application file for the Cyberlink software, but when I activated it; after selecting the icon,  it came back and said I do not have permission. Do I need to do the register thing again; where the computer acts like it is new; and want a bunch of crap all over? If so, where is that located? In any case please guide me how to get my programs off the recovery discs; without a full recovery. This is taking longer, than the full operating system install. I am sure there is a security reason; but noone thought to make it easier to access individual program for the average idiot? I am not so sure I need a hard copy of every program on factory discs, like we use to get when Windows first came around; but I can't find the corner in the round room here.    

1 REPLY 1
Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Re: GETTING INDIVIDUAL PROGRAMS, FROM HP recovery discs

Hi Edward,

You have reached the wrong company forum. As it is regarding a HP Laptop so you'll have to post your question in the HP Consumer Support Forum.

Here is the link: HP Notebook Support Forum

Note: Have your Product number handy as experts there will need it to help you further.

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png