Other HPE Product Questions
1753871 Members
7366 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Elite x2 1012 G1: Virtualization? - Can I take phone calls? - Can I use it outdoors?

BlackKnight
Occasional Visitor

HP Elite x2 1012 G1: Virtualization? - Can I take phone calls? - Can I use it outdoors?

I am planning to buy a HP Elite X2 1012 G1 in Germany in the next two months to replace my notebook when visiting my customers.

As a software developer I need to have virtualization software installed on the machine to be able to have a number of different development environments at hand (preferably running 2 at the same time, so I can switch quickly).

I know that virtualization takes its toll on hardware resources. That's why I'm planning to buy the biggest HP Elite x2 1012 G1 on the market, i.e. maximum RAM, maximum SSD size and biggest CPU with as many cores I can get. German sales told me that the version I'm aiming at contains the order number "16".

On the other hand, I'm going to use the tablet everywhere I go, i.e. In the train, sailing, hiking etc. So the device must be tough and resilient.

So here's my five questions regarding the hardware of the HP Elite x2 1012 G1, #16:

1. Is virtualization fully supported by CPU/UEFI/drivers? (I'm going to use VMware Workstation Pro.)
  2. Is HP planning to ship a bigger version CPU (i.e. more cores) than the one built into the #16 in short term?
  3. Can I make telephone calls using the built-in SIM slot?
  4. How tough is the glass? How tough is the device as a whole? Will it withstand severe/sharp encounters, and falling down?
  5. Will HP provide an outdoor rubber coat as accessory for the device?
3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HP Elite x2 1012 G1: Virtualization? - Can I take phone calls? - Can I use it outdoors?

This is the wrong company for printers and PC products. You need to register in the HP Inc. Support Forum:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/

BlackKnight
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP Elite x2 1012 G1: Virtualization? - Can I take phone calls? - Can I use it outdoors?

Thanks for your reply.

German HP support staff redirected me here, because they suppose you'd have had deeper information about the HP Elite x2 1012 G1 here,

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>German HP support staff redirected me here, because they suppose you'd have had deeper info

They are mistaken.  Those boards were moved to the HP Inc. Support forum in May 2015.

A German forum is here:

http://h30492.www3.hp.com/