1753767 Members
5918 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ProBook 4530s suddenly shut down and won't turn on

Deeeki
Occasional Visitor

HP ProBook 4530s suddenly shut down and won't turn on

Hello, I'm having a problem with my laptop and I wonder if you guys could help me.

My HP Probook 4530s which is 4 years old has suddenly shut down one day while I was using it and won't turn on anymore. I searched for days throughout the internet for solutions and nothing has worked so far. Here is what I did:

- Tried to remove the battery and the AC adapter, pressed the power button for the many time ranges I was instructed, no results whatsoever.

- Tried to replace the RTC battery.

- Tried to flash BIOS through a flash drive pressing Windows + B while powering on, but the power button won't even work.

- Removed everything attached to the motherboard, left the laptop untouched for 3 days, nothing changed.

From my research I think it could be a BIOS problem, but I'm but sure what exactly should I do. Furthermore, there is a strange pattern with that I haven't seen in the HP guides:

1. I plug the AC adapter, the charging light flash's once and then shuts down.

2. I press the power button dozens of times and nothing happens.

3. I press the internet web button and after that the power buttons turns on for about 8 seconds.

4. After the power button shuts down, the charging light keeps flashing orange and white forever. I left it for hours and nothing has changed.

What could be a possible solution for that? Can you guys help me?

Thanks in advance!!

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HP ProBook 4530s won't turn on

This is the wrong company for printers and PC products. You need to register in the HP Inc. Support Forum:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/

Deeeki
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP ProBook 4530s won't turn on

Oh. I'm sorry, last time I was redirected to this forum. Gonna post it on that one. Thanks!