108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE SN3000B Fibre Channel Switch

nghiatd2406
Occasional Visitor

HPE SN3000B Fibre Channel Switch

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie!

I want to ask about functionality of SFP port on HPE SN3000B.

I want to know SFP port on SN3000B can be hot-swap or not? I read from spec but didn't saw anything relate sfp support hot-swapable.

And can be configure 1 + 1 redundancy or not?

Thanks a lot!

MV
2 REPLIES 2
Cali
Honored Contributor

Re: HPE SN3000B Fibre Channel Switch

Yes the SFP is HotPlug.

For redundancy:

There is no config on the Switch.

Use 2 Ports on the Server, go to 2 SFP configure Zoning and MPIO on the Server.

But no "redundancy config" on the SPF Ports.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: HPE SN3000B Fibre Channel Switch

Port redundancy. Hmmm. Fiber is a cable physically connected to a single port on a server and a single port on a switch. Either end could be manually moved to an available appropriate port.

Redundancy with servers and SANs is commonly done by having a server with one (or more) pairs of ports. A redundant SAN environment consists of two SAN fabrics, where each fabric consists of at least one switch. There is NO interconnection between the fabrics' switches.

As Cali wrote, configure zoning as needed on each fabric and configure multipathing (MPIO) on the server. Lose a server port, you're still connected. Lose a switch port, you're still connected. Lose a switch, you're still connected. 

A server with two pair of ports could have two ports connected to one fabric and the other two ports connected to the second fabric.

Go to the HPE SPOCK site (http://www.hpe.com/Storage/Spock/), "Design Guides".
See the "San Design Guide" (at the very least "Part 1: Architecture").

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo