1753828 Members
8650 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Help regarding HP Elitebook 8460p Biometrics

Gillani

Help regarding HP Elitebook 8460p Biometrics

Hey all, 
I am using windows 10 on hp elitebook 8460p, how can i enable my biometric device (fingerprint scanner) to setup a windows login and other stuff too.

I have tried several solutions given on forums but none of them worked for me, when i open the device manager the biometric device driver is visible and working, i have also installed HP Siimplepass but it does`nt works. Please help 

3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Help regarding HP Elitebook 8460p Biometrics

This is the wrong company for printers and PC products. You need to register in the HP Inc. Support Forum:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/

kmo1117
Occasional Visitor

Hi Dennis - 

Replying to your post/reply below, that this is the wrong company for PC products.  That we have to register with the HP Inc. support forum....      That is the forum that told me my product, HP Elitebook 8570p, is a commercial product, so that was the wrong forum, I need to register and search in THIS HPE community!!  

Just like Customer Service On-hold run-around!!!  

Thank you for no help what so ever.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>That is the forum that told me my product, HP Elitebook 8570p, is a commercial product,

Can you please provide a URL for the post with the incorrect info?

The forums were split more than a year ago in preparation for the company split in Nov 2015.

That forum is responsible for the products that HP Inc. sells.

Hewlett Packard Enterprise sells servers, storage, networking, software and services.

(FYI: Next March, Enterprise Services will be split off.)

>Just like Customer Service On-hold run-around

Except if you have to use the peer-to-peer forums, you're not geting any official HP Inc. support.