Other HPE Product Questions
1753809 Members
8392 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Is there a way to give my HP Jetdirect 175x External Print Server a fixed IP address?

Dan Hartzler
Advisor

Is there a way to give my HP Jetdirect 175x External Print Server a fixed IP address?

I recently connected an old HP Jetdirect 175x External Print Server to our local network. It works as long as the IP address stays 192.168.1.2 which is the one I use when I add it to a PC (all using Windows 10) on our local network. 

But the problem is that when I reboot the router, which I have to do frequently, it gets a new IP address such as:

print server.JPG

This is a screenshot of my router's attached devices showing the HP LaserJet 1200 (non-network) printed that I have plugged into the HP Jetdirect 175x External Print Server. And now it has address 192.168.1.7. No surprise that my documents don't print.

Now before you reply that the problem is that I'm using an old, obsolete printer with an old, obsolete print server on Windows 10 and that's never going to work...it was working. I am able to print to this printer as long as the IP address matches the one in the printer settings. 

So what I need to do, and I can't do this via the router nor via the printer itself, is give the print server a static IP address on our network. Or, if it's possbile, somehow change the settings on the printer so that it will print to it regardless of the IP address. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

1 REPLY 1
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Is there a way to give my HP Jetdirect 175x External Print Server a fixed IP address?

This is the wrong company for printers and PC products. You need to register in the HP Inc. Support Forum:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/