pbecker

Laserjet Pro MFP M521dn slow network scanning

Posted on discussion board:

Student

Student
twofourniner

Message 1 of 2 (1,124 Views)
Laserjet Pro MFP M521dn slow network scanning

Previously posted on the discussion board.  We have the same issue with 5 new M521 printers.

Hello,

I have a Laserjet Pro MFP M521dn and I've set up a network folder to send scans to. I'm getting complaints from some of my users that it is taking anywhere from 30-40 seconds to complete a scan once the actual piece of paper has already passed through the feeder.

I went ahead and verified this. I fed in a document and after the document was fed completely through I waited around 30-40 seconds before the operation completed and the scan showed up in the designated folder. This is over a 100mbps LAN and the actual PDF turned out to be only around 500k. 

I went ahead and updated to the latest firmware, still no change. In the path for the network folder where the scans are going I used the server's IP address. No need for DNS resolution so there's no delay there. They previously had another HP multifunction copier that worked without issues until we needed to relocate it. This issue began when I put in the MFP M521dn.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
pbecker

Re: Laserjet Pro MFP M521dn slow network scanning

We purchased 5 of the M521dn printers and have the same experience with all of them.

MargaretN
Respected Contributor

Re: Laserjet Pro MFP M521dn slow network scanning

Hi,

Laserjet Pro are products of Hewlett-Packard Inc. This community is for customers and friends of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, which is an independent company.

For HP products, please see www.hp.com or the HP Support Forums: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/.

MargaretN