1748069 Members
5618 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Trouble connecting to internet

MusicMan55
Occasional Visitor

Trouble connecting to internet

I know I am connected to the Internet because when I open any bookmarks, enter a URL in the address bar, etc., I have no problems connecting. iTunes and McAfee tell me I am NOT connected to the internet. iTunes says it cannot connect to the iTunes server, and McAfee says I do not have an internet connection. The problem seems to be with anything that opens from the Downloads Folder because Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes tells me the same thing.

I can access my bank, Walmart, Discover, anything that is in bookmarks, but as I say, it just seems to involove downloaded prgrams. This problem crops up often and  is very irritating. The last time it happened, I just to $%^$#@ with it and reloaded Windows

I have an HP Compaq 8000 Elite, 64 bit, running Win 7 Pro. My ISP is Frontier. I know the internet connection is good, as I can connect with my iPad and iPhone, and the Network and Sharing Center indicates I am connected to Home Network, Homegroup: Joined, Connections:  Local Area Connection. 

Any suggestions on this?

1 REPLY 1
Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Re: Trouble connecting to internet

Hi Larry,

You have reached the wrong company for Laptops and PC products. You need to register and post your query in the HP Inc. Support Forum: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png