Other HPE Product Questions
1748280 Members
3805 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

how many external drives can be attached to p7-1154 hp desktop computer?

needhphelpxs
Regular Visitor

how many external drives can be attached to p7-1154 hp desktop computer?

I posted a question a few days ago asking if I could attach two separate WD external drives to our computer.

I received and answer from a member, who asked me why I wanted to do that, and also asked me what the USB rating was of the drives.

I can no longer find my original post, nor can I find the comments made by that member, nor can I rember the name of the member.

Somehow my registration appears to have vanished, and I am now listed as a new member!!!

So......I am starting over.

I have one spare USB port on our p7-1154 hp desktop and i want to attach a second external drive to that USB port as an additional back-up of our data.  The external drive that is currently attached is a Western Digital USB30 2TB.  The external drive I want to add is a  Western Digital USB20 USB30, which means that it is a USB20 and is compatible with a USB30. It is a 1TB Drive.

The question is....Is there any reason why i should not attach another WD drive to the p7-1154 computer.

Kudos to the member who  replied to my first post. Sorry, but I lost both my original question, and the reply.

Thanks for any and all responses to my question.

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: how many external drives can be attached to p7-1154 hp desktop computer?

>I can no longer find my original post, nor can I find the comments made by that member

It appears you posted in the HP Support Forum and not here.  (This is the wrong forum  for home PCs, so continue there.)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Desktop-PC-Questions/how-many-external-drives-can-i-have-on-Pavillion-p7-1154/td-p/4089684

Lisa198503
Super Advisor

Re: how many external drives can be attached to p7-1154 hp desktop computer?