1752806 Members
5637 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 24 x 7 removal of spam

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Giving everybody the ability to tag a topic 'ham' and then automate removing topics with a this tag sounds like it could easily be exploited.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Giving everybody the ability to tag a topic 'ham' and then automate removing topics with a this tag sounds like it could easily be exploited.

Thanks for the analysis but that was already covered in my proposal under "spam plonking".  Riffraff don't have high enough rank.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Ah so that's what that meant. It was too complicated so I guess I just skipped it.

V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

>One solution is that none of the above 5 will list these topics if a spam tag ON the topic is there
>AND that tag was added by a user of >= a specific rank, to prevent "spam plonking".

As far as I can see you only can tag a message, not a topic (thread) :-)
What will happen when spam answers to a thread are tagged with spam - only check the first message?

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>What will happen when spam answers to a thread are tagged with spam - only check the first message?

My original comments were for spam topics.

In the reply case you probably need a human.

V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

>My original comments were for spam topics.

Yes, but again:
I can see only to tag a message, not a topic, so how will you identfy a spam topic?
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>so how will you identify a spam topic?

The first post == topic, being spam.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Rats, the spammers have won!  :-(

I can't post a message about spam removal because I get the new anti spam message:
The message body contains live+stream+Watch, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.

The strange thing is, how can the spammer post the message but I can't post a message including the URL to the spam?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>how the heck did you come up with: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/tag/spam/tg-p  ?
>I should have asked more clearly : 'what is the official method to get that query'.

>Thanks to mr google's robots, Categories have tags if you know what to do:

Actually if you look at the tag page carefully, it tells you how:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/tag/missing%20attachment/tg-p/board-id/community-feedback-suggestions

Currently Viewing: "missing attachment" in "Community Feedback & Suggestions" ( View in: "Welcome to the Community" | Community )