108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: An extra suffix in my name

SOLVED
Go to solution
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

An extra suffix in my name

Looks like my account name gained an extra "_1" suffix when migrating from the old forum to the new one.

I'd prefer my name without it, if possible.

I checked my profile, but did not see a way to fix this - did I miss something? Or is forum moderator/admin action required to fix it?

Thanks,

MK
5 REPLIES 5
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro
Solution

MK - I've updated your profile for you.  The reason there was a "_1" added is that there was another screen name of "" in use.  Not sure if that was another account you had created with a different email address, but it doesn't look like it's been used much, so I renamed *it* to have the "_1" and removed it from yours.

I work for HPE.
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Thanks!

Hmm... I understand the old ITRC Forums screen names were unique, so I guess the conflict was with some HP Passport account or something like that.

I think I used to have another HP Passport account years ago, but I've since lost its password and I think the email address(es) associated with that account no longer exist, so a normal password recovery procedure would not be possible. I don't think that account had anything significant associated with it, so its loss does not matter to me.

MK
Gene_1

Kevin_Paul, I have the same issue. I believe I had registered on the old forums under the same name, and now have "_1" at the end of my screenname when I log in here using Passport. Is this something you can fix up for me?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I believe I had registered on the old forums under the same name, and now have "_1" at the end of my screen name

How do you prove that you are this Gene:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/35186

With only one post, why bother?

V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

>Kevin_Paul, I have the same issue ...

It's better to send a private message (under Contact) to Kevin_Paul:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4277

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***