5589 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Bookmarks

PhilMil
Occasional Contributor

Bookmarks

Hi

I created some bookmarks and then tried to find them. The available Help information says go to My Settings->Subscriptions and Bookmarks->Bookmarks. I do not see My Settings anywhere on the home page. I was able to locate my bookmarks by clicking on Profile->Subscriptions and Bookmarks->Bookmarks.

If I am correct (no My Settings exists as such), the Help needs to be changed.

In any regard, the bookmarks take time to navigate to. I suggest having them automatically integrated into the user's page directly after signing in. Possible?

Thanks

HP-UX Documentation
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Bookmarks

>I was able to locate my bookmarks by clicking on Profile->Subscriptions and Bookmarks->Bookmarks.

Yes, that's where I found them.  So this needs fixing:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/advanced#advanced

> I suggest having them automatically integrated into the user's page directly after signing in

You could of course use the browser's bookmarks to remember them.

I guess I think of them as a page I would manually search if I needed them.  If I want to point to a board, I float it.

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

I wouldn't recommend using browser bookmarks for anything on an HP site ever. Just look at how that worked for docs.hp.com and the ITRC/EBC disaster.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Just look at how that worked for docs.hp.com and the ITRC/EBC disaster.

6 of one, half dozen of the other.  The bookmarks in the previous forum were lost too.

Though you have me scared.  BSC also allows you to remember products and manuals you looked at.

Are you telling me I'll lose those too, someday?  ;-)