1752590 Members
3062 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Can't link HW to my profile for warranty

Cogito

Can't link HW to my profile for warranty

Hi, 

We purchased about 25 HPE SDD hardrives from a third party...all are brand new, in an HPE box, with HPE sticker about 2 weeks ago.  I'm trying to link them by SN# to my account for warranty purposes but I get the below for all of them when I do a warranty check:

"Please note: This warranty is not available to link because the country of purchase provided is not accurate."

After some investigating it appears that the country of purchase was China...and when I enter China I'm able to link them to my profile, although I haven't done so yet.  My question is, if our company resides in the USA, and we purhased the drives from a US company...can I use "China" as the country of purchase to link them to my account without any negative side-effects?  Will we still be able to submit a warranty claim, without issue, if a drive fails...if the country of purchase on-record is China...but we reside in the US?

Thanks a lot.

2 REPLIES 2
Kipp_Glover
HPE Pro

Re: Can't link HW to my profile for warranty

Hi Cogito,

I believe you will be just fine and have no issues with any warranty claims for these hard drive.s.   However, I would like to verify these drives against our warranty database to make sure.   Can you please private message me the SN and part number of one of your drives?   If a photo of the label on the box is easier, that will also work. 

Thanks!
/Kipp   

I work for HPE
Vajith V
HPE Pro

Re: Can't link HW to my profile for warranty

Hello @Cogito ,

Please let us know if you are still facing this issue?

Regards,
Vajith

I am an HPE employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo