108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Delete of autosaved drafts not possible

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Delete of autosaved drafts not possible

In my profile page I can see "AUTOSAVE DRAFTS", using the big X right of it shows as tooltip "Discard Draft", a click on it shows the confirmation "Confirm? Yes / No".

Clicking Yes does not change anything, only way I found to get rid of these drafts is open it, empty out all text and press cancel which produce eventually an popup warning (not every time). After that the draft is gone.

Working as intended?

Stephan

15 REPLIES 15
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>In my profile page

Profile page or on your name page?

>I can see "AUTOSAVE DRAFTS", using the big X right of it shows as tooltip "Discard Draft"

Everyone else wishes they had this problem.  :-)  I see messages every so often about saving drafts (don't see it now).

I have to rely on firefox add-ons to save my stuff.

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

You're right, they are on the name page

f.e. http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/762238

>I see messages every so often about saving drafts (don't see it now).

I cannot use it in a useful way neither because I have no idea under which circumstance they show up there - some stick there, some not ...

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Ok, I finally saw one.  Duh, that's what multiple tabs are for.

Unfortunately I didn't think to try removing it.

Strangely, I didn't see one while typing this reply.  Not sure it is the compose time or the bytes in the message?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Delete of autosaved drafts not possible (without refresh)

>Clicking Yes does not change anything

You have to refresh the page for it to disappear.  Also, you can't be currently editing that post.

I actually found it useful.  I did a BACK and lost everything.  I then went forward and lost everything.  Using my firefox add-on, it got the text back.  Later I noticed a message about it being autosaved and I looked at my profile and found two of them.

One was where I wanted to abort my post so I just closed the tab.  This was the one I was able to remove.  The other was what I lost.

James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

@Dennis Handly wrote:

>Clicking Yes does not change anything

You have to refresh the page for it to disappear.  Also, you can't be currently editing that post.

I actually found it useful.  I did a BACK and lost everything.  I then when forward and lost everything.  Using my firefox add-on, it got the text back.  Later I noticed a message about it being autosaved and I looked at my profile and found two of them.

One was where I wanted to abort my post so I just closed the tab.  This was the one I was able to remove.  The other was what I lost.

How ironic.  I just encountered this yesterday for the first time.  I found an auto-saved post I had started last week which I thought I had discarded by closing it's tab.  As you said, clicking "yes" did nothing to remove it,  I double-clicked the draft as if I wanted to resume editing and simply "x-ed" the box to send it to the bit-bucket.  The expectation of "yes" doing what it says seem to be wrong.

Regards!

...JRF...

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Thanks, now I don't feel longer alone with it.

Anyway I belive this Forum is going the way where we don't want to see it, if I check the number of posts that show up per day or the number of official postings.

Best,

Stephan

James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

@Stephan. wrote:

Thanks, now I don't feel longer alone with it.

Anyway I belive this Forum is going the way where we don't want to see it, if I check the number of posts that show up per day or the number of official postings.

I'm glad I saw your thread, too!

Yes, indeed, the number of posts has plummeted.  And a large number of vetern, very talented contributors have clearly given up trolling and responding.  In the heyday's of the old ITRC forum, a hour's posting might take an hour to examine and provide good feedback on.

Warmest regards!

...JRF...

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Hmm, I just noticed a bad UI design for the autosave of drafts.

I stupidly did a refresh on a reply page because I was looking at the bottom part of what I was replying to and thinking I had already replied.  So I lost my text.  (I'm not sure if the web page can intercept the reload/refresh button?)

So I then when to my profile to get the autosave.  I copied the text.

But then I read the top more closely:

You have autosaved content from 7:14 PM.
Load or Discard

But I couldn't read the last line because the "Load" and "Discard" link colors were black on black!

I only saw this because I was high lighting the whole box to see what that "or" was for.

>The expectation of "yes" doing what it says seem to be wrong.

It does do what it says but you have to reload to see the results.

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Just as a reminder, now more readable in the profile butt still not working.

Clicking on yes still do nothing ...