1753408 Members
6966 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Enterprise collaboration

Ramkumar1
Occasional Collector

Enterprise collaboration

I would like to explain the context behind this dicussion below.

Imlpemeting enterprise collaboration with IT is a complex subject. The normal route such enterprise collaboration takes, is through implementing a social network within the organisation.  Social networks tend to vary on the type of connections, the underlying social behaviour and contagion that flows between the connections.

The present HPE community network has been set up on a good framework considering the above principles. To make people collaborate on a social platform is no mean task. There are no hard and fast rules. And social networks within corporate spaces evolves with time and is self organising.

The behaviour of the existing members of the network, determine how new members behave and as such the success of that social network rests heavily on it.  My kudos to HPE community network for making it successful.

I would like to invite specific discussions and your perspectives on how a social network for a technology oriented platform should be.

Cheers.

An information management professional. Who loves the WWW. Worked as a IT Business analyst and HR project manager within the HR function in a couple of Fortune 100 companies. I am an alumnus at the University of Warwick, UK.
1 REPLY 1
Ramkumar1
Occasional Collector

Re: Enterprise collaboration

According to a recent report from Mckinsey titled "The social economy-unlocking the value of social technologies", big data generated from social technologies can significantly increase the productivity of the organisation.
According to the report, an average interaction worker spends about 28% of his time in a week checking emails and another 20% of this time searching for relevant information and knowledge.

The report says that when social technologies are implemented and when employees interact through social media networks, the email gets converted into a valuable knowledge nugget. It is important that implementation and adoption of social media in workplaces happens through a bottoms-up approach.

This knowledge nugget can be used by everybody within the organisation. Such usage reduces the employee's time by about 35% which is significant. It also brings in efficiency and collaboration for increased productivity within the organsiation.

An information management professional. Who loves the WWW. Worked as a IT Business analyst and HR project manager within the HR function in a couple of Fortune 100 companies. I am an alumnus at the University of Warwick, UK.