1752280 Members
4299 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Failed to Restore Project using amended dbid.xml and files into default domain

DGzipit
Occasional Contributor

Failed to Restore Project using amended dbid.xml and files into default domain

We have We have received our QC files from HP and have been advised to use ALM Community or Trial for us to be able to access out scripts etc.

I've followed the instructions for restoring a project, including creating a dummy one to get the DBID.  However, all I get is 'Failed To Restore Project'.

Is this related to the fact that the db_type value in the dbid.xml is 3 on the one provided by HP (I believe that means Oracle database) and it's 2 on the trial version?   Can anyone please help me restore our tests into this trial version?

The top few error messages I've found in  C:\ProgramData\HP\ALM\log\sa\SaServerLog_2017_05_11_12_47_04_687.html   are:

com.hp.alm.platform.exception.CTdException

Failed to Restore Project; Failed to restore project. Failed to fetch database version from david_db; Failed to fetch database version from david_db; Failed to obtain a connection to schema 'david_db'; com.hp.alm.platform.db.CTdDbException: Can't create a new database connection.; Can't create a new database connection.;

Stack Trace:
com.hp.alm.platform.db.CTdDbException: Can't create a new database connection.
at com.hp.alm.platform.db.CConnectionPool.newConnection(CConnectionPool.java:868)
at com.hp.alm.platform.db.CConnectionPool.tryToGetConnection(CConnectionPool.java:610)
at com.hp.alm.platform.db.CConnectionPool.getConnection(CConnectionPool.java:377)
wrapped in com.hp.alm.platform.db.CTdDbException: Failed to obtain a connection to schema 'david_db'; com.hp.alm.platform.db.CTdDbException: Can't create a new database connection.
at com.hp.alm.platform.db.CConnectionPool.getConnection(CConnectionPool.java:406)
at com.hp.alm.platform.db.CConnectionManager.getNotTransactedConnection(CConnectionManager.java:243)
at com.hp.alm.platform.db.CConnectionManager.getConnection(CConnectionManager.java:217)
at com.hp.alm.platform.db.CConnectionManager.getConnection(CConnectionManager.java:171)

1 REPLY 1
winkra
Valued Contributor

Re: Failed to Restore Project using amended dbid.xml and files into default domain

Hello

Sorry for the inconvenience of having the Software content in read-only as we migrated to a new instance. The new Software Community is now live at community.saas.hpe.com. You can use your same credentials to log in.

Please repost your question to the QC forum here:

https://community.saas.hpe.com/t5/Quality-Center-ALM/ct-p/sws-QC

Thanks,