108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Formatting and post edit menu issues

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Stagaman
Honored Contributor

Formatting and post edit menu issues

Hi, Before today, I was able to format a post. However today, whenever I save a post all returns are removed and the text displays as a single, dense paragraph. Also, before today, I was able to use the Post Options menu. Today, when I attempt to select Post Options to edit a post, no options menu displays and the thread is moved to the top.
----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Formatting and post edit menu issues

> whenever I save a post all returns are removed 

Format it how?  If I type in, I can add returns as desired.  Are you pasting?  (I just had no problems with firefox 34.)

But I've had that problem before and I'm not sure what causes it?  The initial source or the browser?

>when I attempt to select Post Options to edit a post, no options menu displays and the thread is moved to the top.

I'm having no problems adding this sentence now.  What browser are you using?

John Stagaman
Honored Contributor

Just typing directly in the HTML Editor object and using the return key. I will press it twice NOW.

This should save with a blank line after the first sentence. But earlier today it started removing those returns.

IE 11 and Chrome 39. Restarted both, and restarted machine. Not sure what was up  because it is now working normally.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>and using the return key. I will press it twice NOW.

Hmm, If the return key doesn't seem to work, I would assume I need to hit it again.  Did it go to a new line?

But if I want a blank line, I need to hit it twice.

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Typing directly into the HTML editor, as opposed to the Rich Text editor, would create unformatted, blocked text. However, if you use the Rich Text, it will apply formatting,  with an output similar to the old HTML <pre></pre> tags.

I hope this is helpful,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard

Thanks,
Warren_Admin