HPE Pro

Re: Get rid of avatar

Very welcome - glad that worked.
I work for HPE.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

See my (similar) query:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/Avatar-Images/td-p/4817633

You have to click on your name, rather than the link named Profile in order to get to your profile.  I know - sounds riciculous, but I didn't make it up!

Pete
Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor

Is this an option not available to all users? 

I am able to pull up my profile and click on the Avatars tab, but only icons "From the Community" can be selected.  There aren't any other options for uploading images--see attached screenshot.

-denver

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Denver,

You're clicking on the work "Profile" (silly of you!) - instead click on your name!!

Pete
Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor

Thanks Pete, but I've clicked on just about everything and can only use the default images.  Maybe I need to step away and grab a cup of coffee before it will work.

I found the 'Help' section about personalization and it sounds like I don't have the required permission to customize my avatar.

------------------

As per the help section:

How do I change the image (avatar) next to my name?

The image next to your name is your avatar and it's an easy way for you to personalize your identity a bit. You automatically get an avatar when you join a community, but you can change it to something you like better.

To change your avatar:

1. After you sign in, click My Settings to go to your My Settings page.
  2. Click the Avatars tab.
    You can choose one of the community avatars, or if you have permission, you can upload an image or use one located on another web page. If your community account is connected to your Facebook account, you can use your Facebook profile photo as your avatar.
  3. To choose an avatar from the Community collection, choose a Collection to see a set of avatars and click an avatar to use it.
    You can change avatars as often as you like. Your current avatar always appears at the top of the Avatar page.
  4. To use your Facebook profile photo as your avatar, click From Facebook and click Set Avatar.
  5. To user an image from your Image Gallery, click From Image Gallery amd click an image to select it.
    You can only use this option when you have uploaded images that have been approved.
  6. To use an image from the web, click From the Web and enter the URL for the image. Click Set Avatar.

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Denver,

When you click on your name (just to the left of Profile), it will bring up a page called "About Denver Osborn".  On the right hand side of that page, you will see a section called "Images for Denver Osborn".  That is where you need to go to upload the images.  Then you can click on "Profile", go to "Avatars" and it will have your images there in "From Uploaded Images".

Suck up that coffee and give it one more try.  If I can figure it out, I know you can!!

Pete
Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor

I swear I'm neither blind nor crazy.  Attached is a view of the 'About me' page with boxes for drafts, tags and kudos only. 

Maybe this is a feature only available to customers with a valid support agreement--much like downloading patches.  :)

-denver

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

If I hadn't seen it, I never would have believed it.  I'm thinking this one needs to be reported to Kevin.  That's just not right!

Pete
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Not knowing how else to get anyone's attention around here, I mentioned this in the "Issue Requiring Moderator Intervention" thread.  I'd certainly love to see some sort of explanation for this difference in privileges.

Pete
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Denver - try it again - should be working now.

The only users who shouldn't be able to upload their own avatar (or any other images) are brand-new users - I'm not sure why your account wasn't updated correctly, but hopefully it will be working now.

And the reason for the two different "profile" links is that one (clicking on your name) allows you to view your profile, as another user would be able to (expect that other users won't see your full name or email address unless you've changed your security settings), and the other (clicking on the word "Profile") is where you go to update/modify your settings.  In the future I think they could be worded a bit differently to help make it more obvious - I'll put that on our list of future improvement opportunities.

I work for HPE.