Other HPE Product Questions
1753758 Members
4942 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP T410 AIO network dropping on RDP connection

unclejemima

HP T410 AIO network dropping on RDP connection

I'm having a hard time where to post this as I could not find anywhere specific for thin clients.

I've got about 10 HP T410 AIO thin clients.  These unique machines are able to run a full RDP session, power a monitor, keyboard/mouse all by POE.  Very unique machine.  These compliment our otherwise full Wyse network.

That being said, we only connect to RDP with the thin clients and we've had nothing but problems with the T410's.  The basic and only issue is that it will drop connection every 20-30 seconds...its fully un-usable.

I did some digging and found a document from HP on how i can disable the connection testing that might avoid this, only on my GUI I can not find the settings in the document.  My GUI looks completly different and I don't have the option to turn off the connection drop timeouts as its suggested.

Pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+S I can restart the unit with Admin mode...but it asks me for admin cred's where I don't know them...I tried simple Administrator and no luck.  I did a factory reset...still asks me for a password.

Does anyone know how to reset the admin password and or if there is a different default admin password for these machines so I can enter admin mode?

1 REPLY 1
MargaretN
Respected Contributor

Re: HP T410 AIO network dropping on RDP connection

Hi,

This product is part of HP Inc. 

This community is for customers and friends of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, which is an independent company. For HP products, please see www.hp.com or the HP Support Forums: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/.

Hope this helps.

MargaretN