Feedback
1748072 Members
5596 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE Community - Networking - any ArubaOS-CX sub-section will be created anytime soon?

SharonJFay

Re: HPE Community - Networking - any ArubaOS-CX sub-section will be created anytime soon?

Hi. Can I use the ArubaOS for work on with texts at the office? Our company helps students to write argumentative paper, we work with the large volume of information.

Best regards,

Sharon.

Lynn-Marie
Valued Contributor

SharonJFay,

ArubaOS-CX is an ethernet switch operating system. I don't see how it would help with texts or argumentative papers.

Regards,
Lynn-Marie
HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Lynn-Marie
Valued Contributor

Hi Parnassus,

I would like to come up with a board name/description that doesn't need to be edited whenever a new Aruba operating system is released. Perhaps naming the board for the switches under discussion would be a better option than OS-focused naming.

Regards,
Lynn-Marie
HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

parnassus
Honored Contributor

@Lynn-Marie wrote: I would like to come up with a board name/description that doesn't need to be edited whenever a new Aruba operating system is released.

Yes, it's totally reasonable...keep in mind that (a) the release of a new (Networking) Operating System - at least for those that are not directly related to Open Networking - is something that we seldom see (ArubaOS-Switch is the ProVision OS new name and ArubaOS-CX is totally new...so for the entire Campus/Core/Aggregation/Access Aruba portfolio we have two of them) and (b) if the operating system name is an issue then we should adopt the Airheads community strategy: kick out OS names and focus on utilization scenarios (Wired versus Wireless, as example....they didn't mention ArubaOS-Switch at all on the sections).

@Lynn-Marie wrote: Perhaps naming the board for the switches under discussion would be a better option than OS-focused naming.

Eventually yes, so we have to do the same for every other Networking Board (Comware...kick that OS name out and start to name it with HPE FlexNetwork which is the switch series broad name).

I admit I haven't the right recipe...I just pointed out what weirdness I see when I start to understand the logic used to differentiate thise Networking Board, from top to down...but my initial intention was initially to just see if there was space to add something about AurbaOS-CX given that (Aruba) Core Campus switches (Aruba 8320 and Aruba 8400) are going to deserve some space here too...

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner