1748052 Members
4907 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to merge forum accounts?

bimmerdriver
Frequent Advisor

How to merge forum accounts?

While I was trying to figure out why I couldn't find a previous post, I discovered that I have two accounts. I have posts using both accounts from when they were created (in 2011) up to now. I'm not even sure how to log into the other account. Is there a way to merge them?

The two accounts are this one (which I'm presently logged in to) and this one.

Any help to fix this would be appreciated.

HP ProLiant ML150 G6 Intel┬о Xeon┬о E5504
8 REPLIES 8
bimmerdriver
Frequent Advisor

Okay, I found where the different login pages are. One is for the consumer support forum and the other is for the enterprise support forum. I didn't realize that I had signed up for both. Will these be merging?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Will these be merging?

No, separating.  All PC/printer boards moving there.  See:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Announcements/Printing-Personal-Computing-and-Mobile-Boards-Migrating-to-HP/m-p/6751615

bimmerdriver
Frequent Advisor

I really wish HP would merge the forums together, at least to use the same account. It seems silly to have two separate accounts and for people to be posting about the same products in two differenr forums.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I really wish HP would merge the forums together

There will be no HP, since it is splitting,

>It seems silly to have two separate accounts and for people to be posting about the same products in two different forums.

You no longer need the EBC account, since the printer and PC (and laptops) boards have moved.

bimmerdriver
Frequent Advisor

I'm not really concerned about printers. There are discussions about laptops (the same laptops) in both the consumer and the enterprise communities.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>There are discussions about laptops in both the consumer and the enterprise communities.

Not any more, all HP Inc. products were moved.

bimmerdriver
Frequent Advisor

Okay, understood and I see that all of my earlier posts under this account are now in groups that were moved that forum, but they are still under this account. Can they be moved to my other account? That way, I will have no use for this account so I can close it.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Can they be moved to my other account?

(I finally guessed this when I read you other post.)

You need to make your request in the Support forum.