James Sun
Occasional Advisor

I don't like this new portal.

I don't like it.

16 REPLIES 16
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I don't like this new portal.

That'll be because it's a load of unpleasent smelly stuff!

I totally agree with you!

garyfi
Visitor

Take a great product and turn it into something really bad!

Please can we have the old ITRC back?

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Are you referring to the new HP Support Center (www.hp.com/go/hpsc), which has replaced the ITRC portal?

Or the new community platform (where we're having this discussion), which has replaced the ITRC forums?

I'm happy to listen to constructive feedback/criticism - and I'll pass it along to the appropriate resources when there's something actionable we can take away from the input.  But "I don't like it" isn't going to help anyone to do anything about your concerns.

I work for HPE.
garyfi
Visitor

The Community Platform.

I'm finding it difficult to find anything, in particular the 'Best Match'.  If you take text string "Inquiry IOCTL failed (claimed device)" taken from a Data Protector debug.log, we seem to have a relevant doc at the top of the search on Google (old ITRC forums), but not in the Community..Any ideas why?

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Gary - thanks for the specific feedback.

Keep in mind that as far as 3rd party search engines, such as Google - we just migrated about 2.5 million messages into this community.  It's going to take those search engines some time to index this site, and pickup on the fact that the old ITRC forums are no longer available - until that happens, Google and other search sites are likely to try to send you back into the old site.

In the meantime, you can either use the search feature here, or add a "+site h30499.www3.hp.com" to your Google searches (once Google has indexed all of the imported content here).

I work for HPE.
Mike Miller_8
Regular Advisor

I agree.  This new version of the ITRC is not functional.

I'm trying to attach my current support contracts and it says that they are already assigned to another user.

I can't sign in using my old ID.

This whole interface is very un-user friendly.

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Mike - the best way for us to help you with any of those types of issues regarding the new HP Support Center (support contracts, login problems, etc.) is to submit a ticket via this page - http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/questions

I work for HPE.
garyfi
Visitor

Thanks Kevin_Paul!

The Google bit was really just an example of what it could find for the old ITRC Forums.  Since I cannot access the old ITRC Forums it's difficult for me to compare as to what this would have found, when doing a search.

My issue here is that when I do a search using best match in the Community, I'm not seeing the docs that seem most relevant.  From memory, the old ITRC forums seem to do this much better.

For now I'm using cached pages in Google as I cannot get to grips with this new Community.