Feedback
1752719 Members
5606 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I Google it comes to this website then can't find anything related to my Google search?

Ticked_off

I google it comes to this website then can't find anything related to my google search?

Where is the information I need in google I see the post started in the forum. It goes here and see nothing about it. Try to search for it in this page and comes back showing nothing?

This forum is not good compared to before what is the secret to finding posts on here now?

24 REPLIES 24
Stephan_
Regular Advisor

Re: I Google it comes to this website then can't find anything related to my Google search?

Hi,
the old links like itrc.hp.com... does not longer work due to the fact that Google cache is just outdated since the migration. At least as far as I know HP or any other company has no influence on it, this will change by time as the cache get's updated.

All links inside the new forums leading to forums posts gets updated from current to old ones, this process is already running but for 2.5 million posts this will need some time as well.

Until this is done I found a "might work" solution to translate old links: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/Google-results-shows-ITRC-old-URL/m-p/4806797#M619

Some official information regarding this can be found here: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Announcements/ITRC-redirect-announcement/m-p/4805811

Some more hints in my signature. Best results for searches from my experience is switching to the category/forum where you're problem belongs to and enter the search phrase as in Google to the top right box, give it a short time for suggestions before pressing enter.

hth,

Stephan

How to assign points on this new forums --> Kudos - what, where, how, and why!
How to find the right forum --> New forum location by ITRC tree

"we wouldn't call it code, if we could read it ..."
Sebastian Muniz
Occasional Advisor

Between HP and Oracle I think there is an explicit campaing of disinformation an documentation trashing.

Oracle breakes dos.sun.com that had been there for the last 20 years.

HP is trashin the only usefull resource of information they had. Why not keeping a read only copy?

Expecting google to index it again is stupid..

Ok, sorry. I am very very angry with you people..

Doing this and saying "I DONT CARE ABOUT MY CUSTOMERS" is just the same.

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

@Sebastian Muniz wrote:

Why should a new website not get indexed by Google? You can already find a lot results pointing to the new site, so they are already caching the page.

Best,

Stephan

Sebastian Muniz
Occasional Advisor

@Stephan. wrote:

@Sebastian Muniz wrote:

Why should a new website not get indexed by Google? You can already find a lot results pointing to the new site, so they are already caching the page.

Best,

Stephan

Google is a help, not a tool an enterprise can rely on. Speaking of which, the search function of the hp sites are quite braindead. Hope it gets better now.

Thanks

Sebastian

BGroot
Esteemed Contributor

Even thou Goodle is a tool, we can not speed up the indexing. With regards to search functionality what are you having problems finding on the HP sites? Perhaps I can help you.

Peter Marko
Honored Contributor

I don't get why your arguments are based on slow indexing of search engines. You definitely skipped the automatic redirection of original content while switching to a new server/system. You decided to migrate, you were the owners of source forum as well as the destination community. No other company/site was involved. Of course making the old forum dead speeds up the indexing that should not be the way you took.
StephanGee
Occasional Advisor

It can't be that difficult to code when you arrive from google that what you've searched there is automatically searched in the new forum.

This should help till google is reindexing the site. At the moment i have to copy and past my search to the new search which is an extra step.

Just my 2 cents.

Greets

Stephan

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

@StephanGee wrote:

It can't be that difficult to code when you arrive from google that what you've searched there is automatically searched in the new forum.

This should help till google is reindexing the site. At the moment i have to copy and past my search to the new search which is an extra step.

Just my 2 cents.

Greets

Stephan

Just skip the google step?

My 2 cent,

Stephan

StephanGee
Occasional Advisor

Yes. But here is not always the answer so i can search many forums ;)

I have an "I love google" tshirt :)