108757 Solutions
New Discussion

ITRC Links

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gordon Brown_5
Frequent Advisor

ITRC Links

Please can you reinstate the ITRC - when googling for answers to queries we are now stumped - google gives the old ITRC link but the new system doesn't come up with the answer.

For example google " login: pam_acct_mgmt: error User account has expired" will give a link to

forums11.itrc.hp.com › IT Resource Center ForumsHP-UXsecurity

If one navigates through the new system and searches for the same we get no results found.

Now, I may be a dinosaur but IMHO this new site is slow and not very helpful.

Older than the 840
5 REPLIES 5
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: ITRC Links

Make sure you add "site:h30499.www3.hp.com" to your google search.

Rune J. Winje
Honored Contributor

This does not work.

Example query:

p411 throughput site:site:h30499.www3.hp.com

Gives a number of hits, but the most relevant number two link still leads to the ITRC-redirect page.

Entering just p411 throughput on the search box of the redirect page also produces no result.  Clearly the information from ITRC is now to some extent orphaned or gone...

My second gripe with including site:h30499.www3.hp.com is that it is neither intuitive or very "human readable". Perhaps suitable as a part of a password, but difficult to rembember in a situation where one is looking for old ITRC info.  (Earlier just including itrc as one of the words would narrow down the result list nicely)

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

@Rune J. Winje wrote:

p411 throughput site:site:h30499.www3.hp.com

Too much site - try this one: 

http://www.google.de/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=site%3Ah30499.www3.hp.com+p411+throughput

The naming has already been mentioned, that it is not very user friendly but without great response.

hth,

Stephan

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>p411 throughput site:site:h30499.www3.hp.com

>Gives a number of hits, but the most relevant number two link still leads to the ITRC-redirect page.

If you don't have that duplicate "site:", I get 6 forum hits.  (Including this topic.)

>My second gripe with including site:h30499.www3.hp.com is that it is neither intuitive or very "human readable".

True.  But since I start at the EBC forum, I just copy the URL out of the address bar and paste it into search window, then open a tab.  I don't have to remember anything, just cut&paste.