1752725 Members
5638 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ITRC points is not visible

V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Maybe this is not the right thread do ask this ;-)

From Merijn's last stats:
JRF: 6565 bunnies (107914 pts.) - now 6009 kudos
Dennis: 2606 bunnies (58741 pts) - now 2403 kudos
me: some above 10000 pts - now 400 kudos

more bunny-wise, but not 1:1
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: ITRC points are not visible

>V Nyga: more bunny-wise, but not 1:1

Perhaps only the 9 or 10 point bunnies?

James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

@V. Nyga wrote:
Maybe this is not the right thread do ask this ;-)

From Merijn's last stats:
JRF: 6565 bunnies (107914 pts.) - now 6009 kudos
Dennis: 2606 bunnies (58741 pts) - now 2403 kudos
me: some above 10000 pts - now 400 kudos

more bunny-wise, but not 1:1

I just stumbled on to this and it would be nice to know exactly the formula (?) used to tally 'kudo's' when the ITRC database was converted from its "bunny" days.

It so happens that I used to fetch my own profile data periodically and I did it for the last time when the ITRC went into its week of read-only mode.  At that point, I had:

Total Points (P)= 107,914

Bunnies (B)     =   6,540

Non-Bunnies (N) =   9,587

Total B+N       =  16,127

I take Merijn's database with the slightly higher number of bunnies (6,565) to be correct, but I have to believe the conversion used the figures I cited.   As we all know, posts with "bad" non-HP-UX (AIX, Solaris) topics would just disappear regardless of community responses and/or assigned points and/or intrinsic value!

As V wrote, the "bunny:kudo" ratio is simply not 1:1.  From the numbers presented, it looks like one bunny was worth about 0.92 kudos (using either the stats for Dennis or me).

We can hope that someone at HP or Lithium might see fit to solve the point (no pun intended).

Regards!

...JRF...

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: ITRC points are not visible

>posts with "bad" non-HP-UX (AIX, Solaris) topics would just disappear regardless of community responses and/or assigned points and/or intrinsic value!

Perhaps that's the clue?  The ITRC forum would keep your points.  The new forum only copied kudos for existing posts?  Though 500 and 200 seem like an awful lot of deleted threads.