Feedback
1748184 Members
3786 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ITRC redirect announcement​ (annoying waste of time)

PGTIII
Occasional Contributor

ITRC redirect announcement​nt (annoyance waste of time)

Ya know its great that HP migrated all the Resource Center forums to the Enterprise Business Community.  However you failed to do anything about the fact that every single search result on Google is still pointing to the old site. 

I am in a pinch trying to research a switch issue and everything leads to your  retarded dead end announcement page. 

Perhaps it would have been smart to actually think this through considering the tens of thousands or even millions of search results that are now pointing to a barren wasteland known as HP.

Your IT group should be ashamed of the job that they did on this migration. 

Peter Tomasi III
Network Engineer
West Morris Regional HSD
4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>every single search result on Google is still pointing to the old site.

You can tell google to search the new site by adding:  ... site:h30499.www3.hp.com

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Strangely, this redirect post got 31 kudos.  Perhaps they thought they were awarding anti-kudos.  ;-)

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Announcements/ITRC-redirect-announcement/m-p/4805811

James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

@Dennis Handly wrote:

Strangely, this redirect post got 26 kudos.  Perhaps they thought they were awarding anti-kudos.  ;-)

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Announcements/ITRC-redirect-announcement/m-p/4805811

Well, nothing should surprise us.  There is a user who awards kudos to the *OP* when ever he offers a response.

For that matter, why doesn't a "solved" tick toggle a kudo?  Oh, that's a new feature suggestion, I guess :-)

Regards!

...JRF...

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>why doesn't a "solved" tick toggle a kudo?

That would cause the software to explode.  ;-)

I've seen a bunch of OPs that mark their reply as the solution.  :-(