Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with HP Forums

Highlighted
PakBrain
Valued Contributor

Issues with HP Forums

1 - Black Background: When I am at work looking for a solution for something related to work, everyone passing by looking at my screen thinks I am on some teens chat forum (thanks for not making it PINK but black is not justified either - name me a forum as big as HP's that is as dark as black). EDIT: Impact can be minimized by reducing the window size - I have 24" monitor so when I maximize support window it looks HORRIBLE with black taking over all my screen hence my complaint. Thanks!

2 -  SSO:  Using SSO with a Support ID and a Forums ID is very frustrating. A consultant like me gets a Support ID every time I switch client but Forum ID is something personal so I want to keep it. When I am in a Forum trying to help someone and need to search for a Knowledgebase article, I am taken to Support where I cannot search for KB because my Forum ID does not have a Support ID associated with it. So I have to logout from forum ID, login to Support with support ID, search for KB, logout from Support, login to Forums with my Forum ID, and post. I want to help others but many times I dont have the time to go through this drill so I cannot help. I should have an ability to link a Support ID with my Forum ID (not vice versa) or some other way to make this a seamless process

3 - HP has many products and services. It is very hard to find desired forum. Search for a Forum and Navigation needs to be improved

4 - Session Management: HP uses cookies and God knows what else. I get so many issues with session management especially with FireFox and Chrome. Latest statistics show Chrome leading with FireFox behind. Who uses IE these days if that is what this forum is designed for (17%?)

5 - Performance: It is improving but please improve performance of the Support side as well. Now that is entirely different topic with lots of issues on that side - do we have a place to provide feedback about the Support site?

6 - Users should be able to customize and save more than what is available (Settings). I like certain font type and size. I should be able to save that as a settings for all my posts but I cannot do it currently.

Please feel free to add yours to the list. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Issues with HP Forums

>1 - Black Background:

This may be related:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/Two-issuses-Black-on-Black-amp-mouse-overs/m-p/5393749

>2 - SSO:  Using SSO with a Support ID and a Forums ID is very frustrating.

Hmm, probably not designed with you in mind.

>3 - HP has many products and services. It is very hard to find desired forum. Search for a Forum and Navigation needs to be improved

Use google with site:h30499.www3.hp.com

>4 - Session Management: HP uses cookies and God knows what else. I get so many issues with session management.

I keep having problems logging on with firefox.  I have to delete cookies, logins or something.  :-(

Bob Headrick
Honored Contributor

@Dennis Handly wrote:

[snip] I keep having problems logging on with firefox.  I have to delete cookies, logins or something.  :-(

I cannot log in with Chrome, my default browser.  After entering my username/password I get a white screen that hangs indefinitely.  I am able to log into the consumer forums without issues with Chrome.  In this forum I can log in with IE, but it is a bit inconvenient.  This has been the case for several weeks now.  System is Win 7 x64, 8GB memory, IE9, Chrome 21.0.1180.89 m.

>After entering my username/password I get a white screen that hangs indefinitely.

This sounds like the problems I have with firefox.  I have to clear cache, sessions and sometimes cookies.

Does that work for chrome?